Terms and Conditions
Card Services is a division of Macquarie Bank Limited (ABN 46 008 583 542, Australian Credit Licence 237502) which provides and administers credit and is the issuer of the Jetstar MasterCard and Jetstar Platinum MasterCard.
Jetstar Airways Pty Limited ABN 33 069 720 243 is the sole redemption partner under the Jetstar Dollars Program within the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program. Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901 is the sole redemption partner under Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards within the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program.
- Interest rates are variable, subject to change and Card Services credit criteria. The current rate for Cash Advances is 21.99% for the Jetstar MasterCard and 21.99% for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard.
- Jetstar Dollars are accrued at a rate of 1 Jetstar Dollar for each $100 spent on eligible purchases on the Jetstar MasterCard, and 1 Jetstar Dollar for each $50 spent on eligible purchases on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. Jetstar Dollars can be accrued up to a maximum of 500 Jetstar Dollars per year on the Jetstar MasterCard, and 2,000 Jetstar Dollars per year on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. The Jetstar Dollars Program is subject to the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, available at jetstar.com/cards. Jetstar Dollars are not accrued on cash advances, balance transfers or other restricted transactions. Jetstar Dollars do not have any monetary value and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Jetstar Flight Rewards Vouchers are issued by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited and will be automatically emailed to you once you have qualified for a $100 flight voucher for Jetstar MasterCard cardholders, or a $200 flight voucher for Jetstar Platinum MasterCard cardholders. Jetstar Flight Rewards Vouchers are redeemable up to the value stated for Jetstar flights only, which includes Jetstar fares, taxes, fees and other charges associated with normal Jetstar internet or telephone reservation bookings. Travel must be booked within three months from the date your Jetstar Flight Rewards Voucher was issued and travel must be commenced and completed within six months from the date your Jetstar Flight Rewards Voucher was issued. All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and Jetstar’s Conditions of Carriage.
- The 0 %pa interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer for the first 10 months from the date your account is approved on the Jetstar MasterCard and for the first 10 months from the date your account is approved on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard and then reverts to the standard variable interest rate for purchases, which is currently 14.99%pa for the Jetstar MasterCard and 19.99%pa for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. Interest rates are subject to change and Macquarie Card Services credit criteria. Minimum repayments are required. Card repayments will be applied last to the repayment of transferred balances that are in the promotional interest rate period. For further details refer to the Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions.
- Flight bookings made through Jetstar.com, Telephone reservation or Holiday packages will not incur a booking and service fee. Any flight booking made through any channel other than Jetstar.com or the Jetstar call centre will incur a booking and service fee and/or other charges may apply. Clicking through Jetstar.com to a white label site (ie: ’Hotels’ tab) may also incur a third party booking and service/payment fee.
- The annual fee for the primary Jetstar MasterCard is $59 and $9 for each additional card. The annual fee for the primary Jetstar Platinum MasterCard is $149 and $39 for each additional card.
- Overseas Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance, Transport Accident Insurance, Purchase Security Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Global Hire Car Excess Waiver are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard policy of insurance between Macquarie Bank Limited (ABN 46 008 583 542 AFSL No. 237502) (MBL) and ACE. This brochure doesn’t take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read Jetstar Platinum MasterCard Credit Card Insurance Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
- Concierge services are provided by International SOS (Australasia) Pty ltd ABN 83 052 247104. You are liable to pay for any goods or services that you request.
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases only applies if your Account is paid in full by the due date each month (including any balance transfers).
- The Jetstar Dollars Program and Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards are separate programs. Account holders must opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards to earn Qantas Points. Account holders who opt-in are not eligible to earn rewards under the Jetstar Dollars Program. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. Qantas Points can be earned up to a maximum of 100,000 points per year through eligible purchases made on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard and 25,000 points per year on the Jetstar MasterCard. You will earn 1 Qantas Point for each $1 you spend on eligible purchases on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard or 1 Qantas Point per $2 you spend on eligible purchases on the Jetstar MasterCard. Points are not earned on cash advances, balance transfers or other restricted transactions. Card services requests Qantas to credit Qantas Points to eligible Account Holders. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program terms and conditions. Further information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program including the terms and conditions of the program are available at qantas.com/frequentflyer or by calling 13 11 31.
- Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Some flights may not have any Classic Flight Reward seats available. All surcharges, fees and taxes are payable separately in addition to the Qantas Points required to be redeemed. Taxes can be paid using Qantas Points or money. Route restrictions apply on partner airlines and certain flights are excluded.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flights are available on any flight with a QF or JQ flight number. The Qantas Points required for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flights are variable and are only valid when quoted. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flight fare includes surcharge, fees and taxes.
- Flight upgrades are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Flight upgrades are not available on Classic Flight Rewards or on international airfares, including international Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flights, booked in E, N, O, P, Q and X class, which includes some international Red e-Deal fares.
- Complimentary membership is provided by Qantas for new or existing Jetstar Platinum MasterCard holders who opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards and are not already members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. Membership is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program terms and conditions.
- A Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards non-refundable annual fee of $30 will apply to the Jetstar MasterCard and will be charged upon your first enrolment and then each year on the anniversary of your enrolment in Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards.
- A maximum of one switch between the Jetstar Dollars Program and Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards (or vice versa) may be requested in each twelve month period. A fee of $15 will apply for each rewards program switch request.
MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are Registered Trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
INFORMATION ON CHANGE OF INSURER UNDER JETSTAR PLATINUM MASTERCARD INSURANCES MASTER POLICY FOR PLATINUM CARD HOLDERS
American Home Assurance Company trading as Chartis ABN 67 007 483 267 (American Home) is the insurer under the master policy issued to Macquarie Bank Limited ("Macquarie") ABN 46 008 583 542 covering Overseas Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience, Transport Accident, Extended Warranty, and Purchase Protection Cover benefits for Platinum card holders.
American Home applied to the Federal Court of Australia for confirmation of a scheme to transfer its insurance business in Australia to Chartis Australia Insurance Limited ABN 93 004 727 753 (CAIL) on 1 March 2011. The application was heard on 17 February 2011.
The scheme was confirmed by the Court and the master policy has been transferred to CAIL as at 1 March 2011. The transfer does not change the terms of the master policy or affect any claim that has been made under the policy other than that CAIL is the insurer from 1 March 2011.
Information about the scheme and key documents, including the summary of the scheme is available on the Chartis website www.chartisinsurance.com.au.