Terms and Conditions
Card Services is a division of Macquarie Bank Limited (ABN 46 008 583 542, Australian Credit Licence 237502) which provides and administers credit and is the issuer of the Jetstar MasterCard and Jetstar Platinum MasterCard.
Jetstar Airways Pty Limited ABN 33 069 720 243 is the sole redemption partner under the Jetstar Dollars Program within the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program. Qantas Airways Limited ABN 16 009 661 901 is the sole redemption partner under Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards within the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program.
- Jetstar Dollars are accrued at a rate of 1 Jetstar Dollar for each $100 spent on eligible purchases on the Jetstar MasterCard, and 1 Jetstar Dollar for each $50 spent on eligible purchases on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. Jetstar Dollars can be accrued up to a maximum of 500 Jetstar Dollars per year on the Jetstar MasterCard, and 2,000 Jetstar Dollars per year on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. The Jetstar Dollars Program is subject to the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. Jetstar Dollars are not accrued on cash advances, balance transfers or other restricted transactions. Jetstar Dollars do not have any monetary value and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Jetstar Travel Vouchers are issued by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited and will be automatically emailed to you once you have qualified for a $100 voucher for Jetstar MasterCard cardholders, or a $200 voucher for Jetstar Platinum MasterCard cardholders. Jetstar Travel Vouchers are redeemable up to the value stated for Jetstar flights and holiday products, which includes packages, accommodation, activities, transfers, parking, insurance, taxes, fees and other charges associated with normal Jetstar internet or Jetstar call centre bookings. Jetstar Travel Vouchers can only be used for holiday products if booked together with a Jetstar flight. Travel and holiday products must be booked within six months from the date your Jetstar Travel Voucher is issued. All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and Jetstar Conditions of Carriage.
- The Jetstar Dollars Program and Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards are separate programs. Account holders must opt-in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards to earn Qantas Points. Account holders who opt-in are not eligible to earn rewards under the Jetstar Dollars Program. Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Jetstar MasterCard Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. Qantas Points can be earned up to a maximum of 100,000 points per year on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard and 25,000 points per year on the Jetstar MasterCard. You will earn 1 Qantas Point for each $1 you spend on eligible purchases on the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard or 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 you spend on eligible purchases on the Jetstar MasterCard. Qantas Points are not earned on cash advances, balance transfers or other restricted transactions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program Terms and Conditions. Find more information on the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program or call 13 11 31.
Classic Flight Rewards are available on Qantas, Jetstar and partner airlines. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable by an Accepted Payment Card in addition to the points required on Classic Flight Rewards. These are quoted at the time of booking and are subject to change. See Classic Upgrade Rewards for more details.
Points Plus Pay - Flights are available on any flight with a QF or JQ, 3K, GK or BL flight number. A limited number of seats on selected partner airlines (as offered by Qantas at the time of booking on qantas.com) may be combined with Qantas or Jetstar flights in a Points Plus Pay - Flight booking. Partner airline flights which may be combined with Jetstar flights in a Points Plus Pay - Flights booking are more limited than those which may be combined with Qantas flights. See Points Plus Pay - Flights for more details.
Classic Upgrade Rewards are available on Qantas operated domestic and international flights with a QF flight number on your ticket, are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited. Classic Upgrade Rewards are not available from all fare types. You must have a paid and confirmed ticket in an eligible booking class to request an upgrade. See Classic Upgrade Rewards for more details and tables for the applicable fares and points required to request upgrade.
Complimentary membership is provided by Macquarie Bank Limited for new or existing Jetstar Platinum MasterCard holders who opt in to Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards and are not already members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. Membership is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program Terms and Conditions.
A non-refundable Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards annual fee of $30 will apply to the Jetstar MasterCard and will be charged upon your first enrolment into Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards and then each year on the anniversary of your enrolment in Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards.
A maximum of one switch between the Jetstar Dollars Program and Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards (or vice versa) may be requested in each twelve month period. A fee of $15 will apply for each rewards program switch request.
- Interest rates are variable, subject to change and Card Services credit criteria. The current rate for purchases is 14.99% p.a. for the Jetstar MasterCard and 19.99% p.a. for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. The current rate for cash advances is 21.99% p.a. for the Jetstar MasterCard and 21.99% p.a. for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard.
- The annual fee is currently $59 for the primary Jetstar MasterCard and $9 for each additional card, and $149 for the primary Jetstar Platinum MasterCard and $39 for each additional card.
- Minimum monthly repayments are required. Purchase must include flights or hotels and be a single transaction made through Jetstar.com or through the Jetstar call centre. Interest Free (IF) transactions are treated as a Special Promotion under your Account Conditions of Use (COU). If your Account was approved prior to 1 July 2012, repayments are applied to IF transactions that are in a promotional interest rate period first, in ascending order of Annual Percentage Rate (APR). If your Account was approved on or after 1 July 2012, or subject to condition 24.1 of your COU, repayments are applied to IF transactions that are in a promotional interest rate period last, in descending order of APR. Please refer to your COU for more information on the application of payments.
- Cardholders will receive 10% off the total transaction amount of eligible products purchased on board flights operated by Jetstar (JQ). Purchases must be made with a valid Jetstar MasterCard or Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. Eligible products include food and drinks.
- The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer for the first 14 months from the date your account is approved and then reverts to the standard variable interest rate for purchases, which is currently 14.99% p.a. for the Jetstar MasterCard and 19.99% p.a. for the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard. Interest rates are subject to change. Minimum repayments are required. Card repayments will be applied last to the repayment of transferred balances that are in the promotional interest rate period. For further details refer to the Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions.
- Flight and holiday product bookings made through jetstar.com, Jetstar call centre or Jetstar Holidays call centre will not incur a Booking and Service Fee. Bookings made through any channel other than jetstar.com, the Jetstar call centre or the Jetstar Holidays call centre will incur a booking and service fee and/or other charges may apply. Clicking from jetstar.com to another website which sells Jetstar products may also incur a third party booking and service/payment fee.
- Overseas Travel Insurance, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance, Transport Accident Insurance, Purchase Security Insurance, Extended Warranty Insurance and Global Hire Car Excess Waiver are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard policy of insurance between Macquarie Bank Limited (ABN 46 008 583 542 AFSL No. 237502) (MBL) and ACE. This information doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Jetstar Platinum MasterCard Credit Card Insurance Terms and Conditions, and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
- Concierge services are provided by International SOS (Australasia) Pty ltd ABN 83 052 247104. You are liable to pay for any goods or services that you request.
- Up to 55 days interest free on purchases only applies if your account is paid in full by the due date each month (including any balance transfers but excluding any Interest Free Finance balances that are in the specified promotional period).
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are Registered Trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. Jetstar and the Jetstar logo are trademarks of Qantas Group and used under licence by Macquarie Bank Limited.