TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions - Jetstar Flying Start Programme – Australia
1. By submitting an entry to the Jetstar Flying Start Programme, you agree to the following conditions:
2. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. All references to time are to the local time in Melbourne, Australia unless stated otherwise.
3. The promoter is Jetstar Airways Pty Limited (ABN 33 069 720 243) of Level 4, 222 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 (Promoter).
4. Entry is open to Australian based not-for-profit community groups and organisations of any size, who are:
a) seeking funding to help enhance the lives of people in their local community; and
b) can be classified into one of the following categories:
ii. educational group or organisation
iii. health group or organisation
iv. sporting group or organisation
v. arts group or organisation
5. Eligible Organisation can submit an application during according to the times and regions set out below. Only Eligible Organisations based in the region specified may submit an application during the period stated. Applications will open at 9am and close at 5pm. Each of the periods below is a Promotion Period.
||OPEN TO REGION
||28 Jan 2013
||31 Mar 2013
||12 April 2013
||1 Apr 2013
||30 Jun 2013
||12 Jul 2013
||1 Jul 2013
||30 Sept 2013
||11 Oct 2013
||1 Oct 2013
||31 Dec 2013
||17 Jan 2014
6. Non-winning entries will not be considered for grants in future Promotion Periods.
7. To enter, an authorised representative of an Eligible Organisation must, during the Promotion Period:
a) Download, print and complete an entry form from Jetstar’s website and send into Jetstar at PO Box 4713, Melbourne VIC 3001; or
b) Submit the entry form either online at Jetstar.com..
8. All entrants agree to their entry, in full or in part, being published and attributed to them in the event that they are selected for a Grant.
9. The Eligible Organisation grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, world-wide license to use their entry, in whole or in part, in accordance with these terms and conditions, in any media (including banners, signage, posters, television, magazine, Internet, Facebook, MMS, DVD or other digital or print formats) for an unlimited time for any purpose, including but not limited to publishing the entry on the Promoter’s website, promoting future promotions and grants of a similar nature, and whether or not in connection with the Promoter’s promotions, advertising or marketing. Where any part of an entry includes personal information, Jetstar will obtain the consent of the relevant individual before publishing the entry.
10. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at the Promoter’s absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
11. There is a limit of one entry per Eligible Organisation for the duration of each Promotion Period.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Organisations and reserves the right to disqualify any Eligible Organisation for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not (in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter) in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
14. The Promoter will appoint a panel of judges for each Promotion Period. Judges will examine all entries and select, in their absolute discretion, the entry that they judge to be the best in accordance with the criteria set out in Clause 15.
15. The criteria on which entries will be judged are:
a) the extent to which the Eligible Organisation is seeking funding to help enhance the lives of people in their local community in the areas of benevolence, health, sport, education or the arts;
b) the extent to which the Eligible Organisation can maximise their local community benefits with the Jetstar Flying Start Programme funding (e.g. the extent to which they have a tangible project or activity in mind to utilise the grant); and
c) the extent to which the project or activity will celebrate and highlight the work of the Eligible Organisation and help boost the profile and strength of the Eligible Organisation for the future within twelve months of the grant being awarded.
16. The judging will take place at 10:00am local time at a nominated location in Australia, no later than 10 business days after the relevant Promotion Period ends. There will be one winner for each Promotion Period (the Winning Organisation).
17. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by no later than 30 days after the relevant Promotion Period ends.
18. If any grant remains unclaimed 30 business days after the relevant Promotion Period ends, another winner for the unclaimed grant will be selected by the panel of judges from the remaining pool of entries on the following business day and the winner will be contacted by phone by 5:00pm on the same day.
19. The judges’ decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
20. It is a condition of accepting the grant that the Winning Organisation must comply with all the conditions of use of the grant.
21. The Jetstar Flying Start Programme Grant consists of:
a) $15,000 cash;
b) $15,000 worth of travel anywhere on the Jetstar network on flights operated by Jetstar Airways, Jetstar Asia, Valuair, Jetstar Japan, and subject to government and regulatory approval, Jetstar Hong Kong;
c) promotion of the profile of the Winning Organisation on Jetstar’s website and on the Jetstar Facebook page; and
d) national and local level media leverage facilitated through a Jetstar PR agency partner.
22. The cash prize must be used for the benefit for the Winning Organisation and, as applicable, towards the projects and/or activities specified on the Winning Organisation’s entry form. The Winning Organisation must provide a report to Jetstar at six and twelve months after receipt of the cash prize describing the way the cash prize has been spent. No part of the cash prize can be used for the personal expenses or travel of any employee or volunteer of the Winning Organisation,
23. Flights must be taken within twelve months of being awarded a grant.
24. Flights may not be exchanged for cash.
25. Flights may only be used for fundraising, benefactor travel, and management travel for the betterment of the organisation or for transporting experts directly associated with the Winning Organisation.
26. Flights may not be used for personal leisure travel by any employee of the Winning Organisation - doing so may result in cancellation of the Grant.
27. Key people within the Winning Organisation and key benefactors must be willing to participate in the media relations around the partnership.
28. The Winning Organisation may not actively promote any competitor aviation brand within the twelve months of receiving a grant.
29. All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking and is subject to Jetstar’s General Conditions of Carriage. In the event that an allocated ticket holder is a child who does not meet Jetstar’s Independent Traveller Requirement - Children, that child must travel with an appropriate accompanying passenger.
30. The name of the Winning Organisation’s authorised representative on the eligibility submission for each Organisation will remain as the sole contact for the promotion. If this person leaves the Winning Organisation, it is the Winning Organisation’s responsibility to notify Jetstar of the change and a replacement authorised representative.
31. The Winning Organisation is solely responsible for determining how to award the flights to individuals. In determining how to award the flights provided ,the Winning Organisation (and any of its employees and affiliates) must not:
a) represent or convey the impression that Jetstar has approved or recommends any of the organisation’s products or services, or that Jetstar sponsors the organisation;
b) make fun of or satirises the Jetstar name;
c) disparage or defame Jetstar or any of its products or services, or brings Jetstar, its name, or affiliates into disrepute; or
d) publish material that is defamatory, unlawful or otherwise contrary to accepted standards of public decency and good taste.
32. Failure to adhere to this condition may result in Jetstar withdrawing a grant, without any compensation payable.
33. It is each traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of travellers. The Winning Organisation acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the grant.
34. Organisations receiving flight vouchers must nominate the names of flight recipients to the Jetstar call centre and those receiving the tickets must travel together on the same flights on all sectors. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the allocated ticket holders. It is the responsibility of the ticket holders to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel. Jetstar makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Travellers will not accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points on the grant travel, and cannot use cash or Qantas Frequent Flyer points to upgrade grant travel.
35. Each grant must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Winning Organisation is unable to use the grant as stated. A grant cannot be transferred to any other Organisation, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once flights are booked. If a winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions, or flights are not booked within twelve months of the grant being awarded, it will be forfeited by the winner.
36. The competition grant does not include travel insurance, taxes not included in the price of the tickets, ground transportation, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the grant recipient and travellers.
37. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
38. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any grant, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
39. The exclusion of liability in clause 38 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
40. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photographs of the Organisation and its members and travellers may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the Organisation otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the grant. Entrants consent tothe Promoter using any personal information collected in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any grants. Without limiting the foregoing, any personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at jetstar.com/au/privacy-policy.
41. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
42. All travel is subject to the Jetstar Conditions of Carriage and Jetstar Holidays Booking Conditions. See jetstar.com for more details.
43. Before you book your international flight, and before you travel, check current Australian Government travel advisories on www.smartraveller.gov.au.