On Jetstar Airways (JQ), Jetstar Japan (GK) and Jetstar Pacific (BL) you can bring seafood, meat and frozen products as part of your checked baggage.
Please note: these products are not permitted on Jetstar Asia (3K) flights.
It’s your responsibility to make sure you comply with any quarantine restrictions if you’re transporting seafood, meat or frozen products. The amount you can carry vary from country to country. Please check with the relevant government department for the specific requirements before you fly.
You must pack any seafood, meat and frozen products according to the following requirements:
- Seafood, meat and frozen products must be completely frozen and in an approved container that will keep the products frozen.
- Approved containers include solid plastic or fibreglass Eskies, coolers or chilly bins, or solid styrofoam or polystyrene boxes with a lid.
The total weight of each solid container must not exceed 32kg, the maximum weight of any single item of checked baggage.
Please note: for solid styrofoam or polystyrene boxes with a lid, the total weight cannot exceed 20kg.
- You must NOT use ice under any circumstances, this includes plastic ice bricks.
- Commercial gel cooling packs may be used to keep your products frozen.
- All seafood, meat and frozen products must be sealed and double wrapped in plastic to prevent any possible leaking during the flight.
- Dry ice can be used as long as you meet these additional requirements - the container must be ventilated and you must also apply for approval to use dry ice before you fly from Qantas Dangerous Goods.
On Jetstar Japan (GK) flights you can bring fish, seafood and frozen products as part of your carry-on baggage, as long as it is properly packed according to the requirements listed above.
On Jetstar Airways (JQ) and Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights seafood, meat and frozen products can only be carried as part of your checked baggage.
Live seafood, such as crayfish or crab, cannot be carried as checked baggage on any Jetstar flight; it can only be carried as freight.
Qantas Freight supports a range of freighting options for both domestic and international flights.
If you need to transport any baggage as freight, we recommend you contact Qantas Freight at least 5 days before your departure date.