- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
- Disclosure of Information Overseas
- Access & Correction of Information About You
- Privacy Complaints and Further Information
- Our Contact Details
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Jetstar* collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the Australian PrivacyPrinciples.
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on Jetstar.com.We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from time-to-time relating to particular products or services.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Jetstar's employee records.
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. The personal information may include:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, passport details, image and answer to a security question (for example, mother's maiden name);
- Details related to your flights and other travel details, including your preferences with respect to your travel on our flights and any pre-purchased items;
- Your dietary requirements and health issues which you provide to us in connection with your use of our products and services;
- Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products and services; and
- My Jetstar and Club Jetstar membership details, Qantas Frequent Flyer number, and membership details of any other loyalty programs.
We may also keep logs of your use of jetstar.com when you are logged into your My Jetstar or Club Jetstar account or, you have accessed jetstar.com by following a link on a JetMail email. The information collected may include date and time of visit, membership/subscriber details, surname, location and actions, for example, pages viewed and pages submitted, as well as access to any third-party pages through jetstar.com.
If you are an employee travelling or obtaining other products or services in relation to one of our corporate, business or government clients, we may also collect information about your role with the client, your employment type, your employee number, your start date with the client and details of any employer paid travel arrangements.
We may collect personal information about you when you use our services or purchase our goods, make or update a booking to use our services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, register to be part of one of our programs, tell us about your preferences when flying with us, fill out medical and other forms associated with your travel, enter into one of our competitions, visit our websites and log into your My Jetstar or Club Jetstar account, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- Travel agents and other people who make or update travel bookings on your behalf, or otherwise interact with us on your behalf, including when you makean inquiry with a travel agent but do not proceed to a booking;
- Our service providers such as operators of our corporate travel functions or call centres;
- Third parties that run competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor;
- Immigration, customs, border security and other regulatory authorities;
- Other companies within Jetstar and companies in the Qantas Group**; and
- Jetstar branded entities that are not related bodies corporate of Jetstar.
When you apply for and use a Jetstar MasterCard, we may also collect your personal information from the card issuer/manager to allow us to issue Jetstar vouchers for your use of the card and to facilitate joint marketing with the card issuer/manager.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identify; contacting you about your orders and bookings and travel and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
- To provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- To distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- For customer support, including resolving and providing assistance for mishandled or missing baggage claims or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- To ensure the safety and security of all passengers when travelling with us, including investigating security and screening issues;
- To facilitate your participation in My Jetstar, Club Jetstar and loyalty programs of other program partners;
- To conduct marketing activities for our products and services, or products and services of third parties;
- To conduct market and other research and analysis to improve our products, services and marketing activities, including contacting you for feedback about your experience with us; and
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations, including laws relating to immigration, customs and border security.
We use the personal information we collect when you are logged into your My Jetstar or Club Jetstar account, or when you access jetstar.com by following a link on a JetMail email, to monitor the use of, and improve, the information and functions on jetstar.com, understand your preferences and provide you with information about our products and services and our partners' products and services which we think may interest you.
We may disclose your personal information to others in connection with the sale and provision of our travel services, including:
- Other carriers for codeshare and transfer arrangements, including our Interline partners;
- Our service providers, including those providing billing services, catering services, chauffeur services, airport lounge operations and ground handling services (such as check-in agents and special assistance).
We may also disclose your personal information to our suppliers and third parties that perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of all our goods and services, including third parties who:
- Provide customer service (including processing refunds) and operate call centres;
- Operate some corporate and government travel sales and fulfilment functions;
- Conduct market research and analysis;
- Provide marketing services;
- Provide information technology services such as airline related systems, data storage, distribution services, passenger booking and processing systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting; and
- Provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident.
Your information may also be disclosed to Jetstar branded entities that are not related bodies corporate of Jetstar to facilitate travel, market research and joint marketing with these entities.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Your information may also be shared between companies within Jetstar and companies in the Qantas Group.
If you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and are travelling for work purposes on a ticket purchased by your employer, we may also disclose your travel details and any information associated with your travel (such as incident reports) to your employer.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- Improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don't have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preferences for your next visit to the site;
- Gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvements to site usability; and
- Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from Jetstar and third parties.
If you are a My Jetstar or Club Jetstar member and are logged into your account, the information we collect via cookies may be linked with your personal information.
You can set up most web browsers so you are notified of when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties.
When you book flights or access your My Jetstar or Club Jetstar membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website.
In the course of providing our services, we may disclose your personal information to companies within Jetstar and the Qantas Group and third parties located overseas who assist us in providing our travel (including transit) services and associated services, and law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments for security, customs and immigration purposes. These parties may be located in any country to which you travel to or through with us or our partner airlines.
We may also disclose your personal information to our service providers located overseas, including in Singapore.
Your personal information may be shared with Jetstar branded entities that are not related bodies corporate of Jetstar, some of which are located overseas in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. We also have call centre and other customer service providers for Jetstar and other Jetstar branded entities in the Philippines, China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Japan.
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section titled 'Our Contact Details'.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal..
My Jetstar and Club Jetstar members can update their profile information online or by contacting us using the details in the section titled 'Our Contact Details'.
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
GPO Box 4713, Melbourne, VIC 3001, Australia
*Jetstar means Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd and its Jetstar-branded related bodies corporate.
** Qantas Group means Qantas Airways Limited and its related bodies corporate, excluding Jetstar, Wishlist Holdings Limited and QantasSuperannuation Limited.
Version Date: 17 May 2016