All passengers will be allocated a seat for a Jetstar flight but we do have several options available for you to choose a seat preference.
Want a window or aisle seat?
For just a little extra per flight, Starter passengers can choose where they would like to sit, from any available standard seat. Starter Plus, Start Max and Business Class passengers can request any standard seat for no extra charge, subject to availability.
Extra leg room seats
Starter and Starter Plus passengers can purchase extra leg room seating in selected exit row seats. To sit in these seats, you will need to meet the exit row seating requirements listed below.
Starter Max passengers can request any exit row seat for no extra charge, subject to availability. Starter Max passengers requesting an exit row seat must also meet the requirements below.
Exit row seating requirements
In order to sit in an exit row seat, you must satisfy the following general criteria. You must:
- Be at least 15 years or older.
- Be able to understand and carry out instructions.
- Not be travelling with someone who may require your assistance in an emergency.
- Not have any permanent or temporary impairment (e.g. deafness, hearing impairment, blindness, vision impairment, any strength or mobility limitation, intellectual impairment or be travelling with a service dog).
- Be able to check outside conditions and react to crew commands.
- Be able to reach, open, lift and throw out the 15kg (approx 33lbs) exit door in an emergency.
- Acknowledge the exit row briefing given by Cabin Crew once onboard the aircraft.
- Be willing to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- Not be seated with an infant.
- Not require the use of an extension seat belt.
- Not be elderly.
How much more extra leg room do I get?
On A320 and A321 aircraft, you will gain an extra 8 inches (20 cm) of seat pitch and on an A330 aircraft, an extra 17 inches (38 cm) of seat pitch.
Terms and Conditions of paid seat requests
Any paid seat request comprising either an Extra Room Seat, Up Front Seat or Standard Seat request, is non transferable (unless a permitted name change is performed on the Booking) and non refundable.
In the event of a flight disruption or schedule change, Jetstar will attempt to seat you in your requested seat, or an equivalent seat, but cannot guarantee that such a seat will be available on your new flight. You may also be required to move seats for operational reasons.
If, in accordance with your fare rules, you choose to move to a different flight, you will be offered an equivalent seat if available at the time the change is made. However, if an equivalent seat is unavailable, Jetstar will not provide a refund of the additional amount paid.
If a higher fee for a paid seat request applies when you change your flight, you must pay any applicable fee difference.