Please be aware that we don’t transfer your baggage between flights. However, there are some exceptions:
- Connecting international Jetstar flights and flights with our partner airlines (see list below), where both international flights were purchased on the same booking
- Domestic flights in Japan connecting to international flights operated by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Japan Airlines and Qantas, where both flights were purchased on the same booking
If you're transferring between domestic flights or between international and domestic flights, in most cases you’ll need to collect your baggage, check in again and transfer your bags.
Our check-in staff will let you know if your baggage will be transferred. You may still need to check in at the connecting airport to obtain your next boarding pass before check-in closes.
Remember, it’s your responsibility to make your connecting flight on time.
It’s important that you’re aware of any flight connections you have on your itinerary as some Jetstar flights connect at a stopover airport.
If you book a separate flight that’s not with Jetstar, Qantas or our partner airlines (see list below), we recommend you allow at least 3 hours in between these flights.
We don’t guarantee that we can assist you with missed flight connections on other airlines.
Jetstar partner airlines
American Airlines (AA)
Air Calin (SB)
Air Canada (AC)
Air France (AF)
Air India (AI)
Air Niugini (PX)
Air Pacific (FJ)
Air Tahiti Nui (TN)
Air Vanuatu (NF)
British Airways (BA)
Cathay Pacific (CX)
China Eastern (MU)
China Southern (CZ)
Dragon Air (KA)
Delta Air Lines (DL)
EL AL (LY)
Ethiopian Airlines (ET)
Japan Airlines (JL)
Jet Airways (9W)
LAN Argentina (4M)
LAN Chile (LA)
LAN Ecuador (XL)
LAN Peru (LP)
LAO Airlines (QV)
Malaysian Airlines (MH)
Qatar Airways (QR)
Royal Jordanian (RJ)
Shanghai Airlines (FM)
Turkish Airlines (TK)
Vietnam Airlines (VN)
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Seafood, meat and frozen products
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- Dangerous goods
- What are the size and weight restrictions for checked baggage?
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- Excess baggage charges at the airport