It’s important that you’re aware of any flight connections on your itinerary. Some Jetstar flights connect at a stopover airport. These connections will appear on your itinerary.
Please be aware that we won't transfer your baggage from domestic to domestic, international to domestic or domestic to international flights. (There are some exceptions – see below.)
If you're transferring between domestic flights or between international and domestic flights, in most cases you’ll need to collect your baggage, check in again and transfer your bags.
Our check-in staff will let you know if your baggage will be transferred. You may still need to check in at the connecting airport to obtain your next boarding pass. It’s your responsibility to make your connecting flight on time.
Jetstar will transfer your baggage between:
- Connecting international Jetstar flights and flights with our partner airlines, where both international flights were purchased on the same booking
- Domestic flights in Japan connecting to international flights operated by American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Japan Airlines and Qantas, where both flights were purchased on the same booking
Jetstar partner airlines
American Airlines (AA)
Air Calin (SB)
Air Canada (AC)
Air France (AF)
Air India (AI)
Air Niugini (PX)
Air Pacific (FJ)
Air Tahiti Nui (TN)
Air Vanuatu (NF)
British Airways (BA)
Cathay Pacific (CX)
China Eastern (MU)
China Southern (CZ)
Dragon Air (KA)
Delta Air Lines (DL)
EL AL (LY)
Ethiopian Airlines (ET)
Japan Airlines (JL)
Jet Airways (9W)
LAN Argentina (4M)
LAN Chile (LA)
LAN Ecuador (XL)
LAN Peru (LP)
LAO Airlines (QV)
Malaysian Airlines (MH)
Qatar Airways (QR)
Royal Jordanian (RJ)
Shanghai Airlines (FM)
Turkish Airlines (TK)
Vietnam Airlines (UA)
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- What are the size and weight restrictions for checked baggage?
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- Can I bring essential medical equipment on board?
- Carry-on baggage – what can I bring on board?