Planning & Booking
checking in auto
Booking a domestic flight in Australia, New Zealand or Japan? Register with Jetstar’s Auto Check-in service, and avoid forgetting to Check-in on time!
When booking a flight with Jetstar, eligible passengers will be given the option to register for Auto Check-in. In doing so, all nominated Passengers will automatically receive their Boarding Pass within 48 hours of their departing flight. All that is required from the Passengers, is to make the decision of whether they wish to have their Boarding Pass emailed to them or sent via SMS!
You can check out a step-by-step guide to How Auto Check-in works, or see our Web Check-in or SMS Boarding Pass pages for more information.
Auto check-in availibility
How Auto Check-in works:
Step 1: Registering for Auto Check-in
- When making your booking you have the option to register for Auto Check-in on the Payment page of the Booking process.
- Passengers can choose whether they wish to have their Boarding Pass emailed to them or sent via a SMS. Therefore a valid email and/or mobile number will need to be provided when creating the booking. For Japan domestic flights a QR boarding pass link will be emailed to passengers.
- You will also be asked to declare if you are intending to carry any dangerous goods.
See an explanation of Dangerous Goods
Step 2: Receiving your Boarding Pass
- You will automatically receive your Boarding pass within 48 hours of your scheduled flight departure. Please notify Jetstar if you do not received your Boarding pass within 12 hours of your flight.
- Remember to print the boarding pass out, or bring the nominated mobile phone with you to the airport.
Step 3 : At the airport
- If you are not carrying any Checked Baggage, then you may proceed directly to the gate with either your printed or SMS Boarding Pass.
- If you are travelling with checked baggage, then please proceed to the Jetstar Kiosk 30 minutes prior to your flight departure.
- For Japan airport information visit our QR Boarding Pass page