Choose your seat
Select your seat when you book or during web check-in. It’s best to select your seat when you book to have more chance of getting the one you want.
Seats with extra leg room
Select an exit row seat for an extra 20cm of seat pitch on the A320 and A321 aircraft or an extra 42cm on the A330. On a Boeing 787** aircraft you will have a minimum of 14 inches (35cm) of legroom.
Economy Starter and Economy Starter Plus passengers pay to select an exit row seat. Economy Starter Max passengers can choose an exit row seat for no extra charge, subject to availability.
Exit row seating requirements
Securing preference for an exit row seat will be subject to Jetstar and industry safety requirements.
Your selected seats are located in one of the Exit Rows of our aircraft. In order to sit in an Exit Row seat, you must satisfy the following general criteria applicable to Exit Rows:
- Be at least 15 years or older
- Be able to understand and carry out instructions
- Not be travelling with someone that requires your assistance in an emergency
- Not have any permanent or temporary impairment (e.g. deaf, hearing impaired, blind, vision impaired, any strength or mobility limitation, intellectual impairment or travelling with a service dog)
- Be able to check outside conditions and react to crew commands
- Be able to reach, open, lift and throw out the 15kg (approx 33lbs) exit door in an emergency*
- Acknowledge the exit row briefing given by Cabin Crew once onboard the aircraft
- Be willing to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency
- Not be seated with an infant
- Not require the use of an extension seat belt
* Note for pregnant passengers: Generally a person in their third trimester of pregnancy (that is, after 28 weeks) is not able to reach, open, lift and throw out the 15kg exit door in an emergency, particularly without risking injury to the foetus and/or passenger.
Passengers who do not meet the additional requirements on the briefing card must be relied upon to ask to be re-seated. The inability to fulfil the criteria may not be readily observable by the cabin crew.
Terms and conditions of paid seat requests
Paid seat requests are non-transferable and non refundable. You can only transfer seat requests when you make a permitted name change to your booking.
In the event of a flight disruption or schedule change, we will attempt to seat you in your requested or equivalent seat but cannot guarantee the seat will be available on your new flight. You may also be required to move seats for operational reasons.
If you choose to change your flight, you will be offered an equivalent seat when you change, subject to availability. If an equivalent seat is unavailable, Jetstar will not provide a refund of the additional amount paid.
If you change your flight and a higher fee to change the seat applies, you must pay the difference.
** Some Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights are subject to government and regulatory approval. For more information, please click here.