- Increased capacity on popular routes from Singapore
- Strengthens Pan-Asian network
- Follows the start of new China and Vietnam services last month
New routes and services will see Jetstar kick off 2012 with an additional 8,500 seats for its Singapore based hub.
The extra capacity includes over 40 new weekly services added to popular destinations in Australia, Japan, Vietnam and Greater China.
Today Jetstar announces a second daily service on the Singapore-Taipei-Osaka route and three new weekly services between Singapore and Darwin, bringing the weekly offering to 10. The airline is also adding a new Darwin-Manila-Narita service.
This new capacity follows the commencement last month of new routes to Guangzhou and Hanoi and additional services to Ho Chi Minh City.
Jetstar Group CEO Bruce Buchanan said adding services on popular routes was contributing to the low cost carrier’s “critical mass” across Asia Pacific.
“The growth in low fare services from our Singapore hub is creating new travel demand in the region, which then fuels more growth and gives us economies of scale to keep the low fares coming,” he said.
“In 2012 we’ll be focused on joining more dots on our route map, particularly in terms of a revitalised Vietnam presence and a new network with Jetstar Japan.
“Our goal is to be the number one low cost carrier in all of the markets we operate by combining low fares, customer choice and great service,” added Mr Buchanan.
Ms Chong Phit Lian, Jetstar Asia CEO, said new fleet capacity had allowed the carrier to focus both on expanding capacity on existing routes but also on new market opportunities.
“Boosting services on our popular routes like Singapore–Taipei–Osaka will give Jetstar Asia great momentum to start 2012,” she said.
As part of network changes announced today, Jetstar will suspended services between Singapore and Macau from 5 February 2012.
Jetstar, which flies to almost 60 destinations in 17 countries, is the fastest growing low-cost airline in the Asia Pacific region.
Summary of schedules changes – Jetstar Asia
- Singapore–Taipei–Osaka service increasing to double daily from 25 March 2012 (was daily)
- Singapore to Darwin service increasing to 10 weekly from 25 March 2012 (was daily)
- Singapore to Hanoi service four times weekly started from 22 December 2011
- Singapore to Ho Chi Minh service increasing to 27 weekly from 23 December 2011
- Singapore to Guangzhou daily services from 22 December 2011
- Singapore to Macau services suspended from 5 February 2012
Jetstar schedule Singapore-Taipei-Osaka schedule from 25 March 2012
Singapore-Taipei Taipei – Osaka
3K 721 07:10 – 11:55 Daily 3K 721 12:45 – 16.10 Daily
3K 723 01:15 – 06:00 Daily (new) 3K 723 06.55 – 10.35 Daily (new)
Osaka-Taipei Taipei – Singapore
3K 722 17:15 – 19:05 Daily 3K 722 19:55 – 00.25 Daily
3K 724 12:30 – 14:20 M,T,W,T,S,S 3K 724 16.10 – 20.40 M,T,W,T, Sun
3K 724 12.25 – 14.15 F 3K 724 16.25 – 20.45 F
3K 724 16.30 – 21.15 Sat