Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
The Jetstar Group is a value based, low fares network of airlines operating in the leisure and value based markets. The Group consists of:
- Jetstar Airways in Australia and New Zealand (wholly owned by the Qantas Group).
- Jetstar Asia based in Singapore. The company is managed by Newstar Holdings, majority owned by Singapore company Westbrook Investments (51 per cent), with the Qantas Group holding the remaining 49 per cent.
- Jetstar Pacific based in Vietnam (majority owned by Vietnam Airlines with the Qantas Group holding 30 per cent).
- Jetstar Japan, a partnership between the Qantas Group Japan Airlines, Mitsubishi Corporation and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation.
- Jetstar Hong Kong, a partnership between China Eastern Airlines and the Qantas Group (subject to regulatory approval).
The Jetstar Group is the largest low cost carrier in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown over 75 million passengers since it launched in 2004. In the past financial year ended June 2011, the Jetstar Group carried almost 20 million customers.
The Jetstar Group has grown from providing employment to around 400 people in 2004 to more than 7,000 across the Asia Pacific today.
The Jetstar Group is led by Chief Executive Officer, Jayne Hrdlicka. CEOs of the Jetstar network of airlines are: David Hall (Jetstar Australia and New Zealand), Barathan Pasupathi (Jetstar Asia), Miyuki Suzuki (Jetstar Japan) and Le Hong Ha (Jetstar Pacific).
About Jetstar in Australia
Jetstar’s headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia. Jetstar forms an integral part of the Qantas Group’s two-brand strategy, operating in the leisure and value-based market.
Jetstar Airways Pty Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Qantas Group, with its Australian low fare operations first commencing in May 2004. Jetstar commenced international long haul flying in November 2006.
We are Australia’s low fares carrier, now operating across 17 Australian domestic destinations and 15 short and long haul overseas destinations.
Jetstar’s Australian and New Zealand based fleet comprises 59 aircraft. This includes 44 Airbus A320s, 6 Airbus A321s and 9 Airbus A330-200s.
We are currently the 3rd largest airline (by domestic market share) and a top 5 international airline by capacity share, serving international routes to and from Australia.
Other subsidiaries include Jetstar Airways Limited (New Zealand) and Express Ground Handling.
Jetstar’s Australia & New Zealand business is led by Chief Executive Officer David Hall.
About Jetstar in New Zealand
Jetstar is the second largest airline in the New Zealand market and operates both domestic and international services.
Jetstar commenced trans Tasman services in December 2005 and domestic services in June 2009.
In March 2011, Jetstar became the first low fares airline to offer long haul services to New Zealand, when we launched daily services between Auckland-Singapore. *Flight operated by Jetstar Airways (JQ) for Jetstar Asia (3K).
Since then, Jetstar has flown over five million domestic and trans Tasman customers. In the past financial year ended June 2011, Jetstar carried over 1.8 million New Zealand domestic and trans Tasman customers.
About Jetstar Asia / Valuair in Singapore
Jetstar Asia is part of the Jetstar Group’s value based network which aims to provide all day every day low fares to Asia’s most popular leisure destinations.
Jetstar Asia’s inaugural flight took off to Hong Kong in December 2004, one of the first three launch destinations from Singapore. Singapore airline Valuair became a sister company of Jetstar Asia in 2005, focusing on Indonesian destinations.
Jetstar Asia is a majority Singapore owned and based company. The company is managed by Newstar Holdings Pty Ltd, majority owned by Singapore company Westbrook Investments Pte Ltd (51 per cent), with the Qantas Group holding the remaining 49 per cent of shares.
Jetstar Asia operates 14 A320 aircraft and has two A330 aircraft based in Singapore. From Singapore, Jetstar Asia flies to 25 destinations in the Asia Pacific.
Jetstar Asia Chief Executive Officer is Mr Barathan (Bara) Pasupathi.
About Jetstar Pacific in Vietnam
Jetstar Pacific is Vietnam’s first value based carrier. The carrier transitioned from Pacific Airlines to Jetstar Pacific in May 2008. Jetstar Pacific is held 27 per cent by the Qantas Group, with the remainder held by Vietnamese investors including the State Capital Investment Corporation (SCIC) which is the largest shareholder.
Jetstar Pacific operates an existing seven aircraft fleet made up of five Boeing 737s and two Airbus A320s to seven destinations across Vietnam, including Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Hue, Vinh, Hai Phong and Nha Trang.
About Jetstar in Japan
Jetstar Japan is a low fares airline that has been flying domestically within Japan from July 2012 to Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Fukuoka and Okinawa.
Short-haul international flights are expected to start during 2013 subject to regulatory approval. The airline will initially have a fleet of three new Airbus A320s configured for 180 passengers, growing to 24 aircraft within three years.
Jetstar Japan is led by Chief Executive Officer, Miyuki Suzuki.
About Jetstar in Hong Kong
From 2013, Jetstar Hong Kong will be a low fares carrier based in and operated from Hong Kong. It is a partnership between the Qantas Group (parent company of Jetstar) and China Eastern Airlines.
Subject to regulatory approval, Jetstar Hong Kong plans to fly short haul services to Greater China, Japan, South Korea and Southeast Asia. It will initially operate a fleet of three new Airbus A320-200 aircraft, configured for 180 passengers. It is expected to grow to 18 aircraft by 2015.