|Jetstar fare||Carry-on baggage allowance|
Starter Max bundle
Starter Plus bundle
Carry-on baggage size limits
Your carry-on bag (or bags in Business Class) must fit in the overhead lockers and be no bigger than:
56cm (height) x 36cm (width) x 23cm (depth)
Your small item must fit under the seat in front of you.
The small item you bring on board could be:
- A handbag, a pocket book or purse
- A laptop computer in thin case
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A small camera
- Infant food for consumption in flight
- Approved duty free goods (international flights only)
Carry-on baggage on New Zealand Regional Q300
Our regional New Zealand Q300 aircraft (operated by Eastern Australia Airlines for Jetstar Airways) have a smaller cabin size, which is why your carry-on baggage must be no bigger than:
48cm (height) x 34cm (width) x 23cm (depth)
Please note that if your carry-on baggage is larger than these dimensions but still within the size restrictions of our other aircraft – 56cm (height) x 36cm (width) x 23cm (depth) – we’ll happily check your bag in at no charge. Please present them at the counter when you check in.
Carry-on baggage at the boarding gate
Your carry-on baggage may be checked at the boarding gate. If you bring too many items, or they exceed the size or weight limits, the extra baggage will need to be checked in. Charges apply.
Avoid extra baggage charges at the airport by purchasing checked baggage when you book or before you fly at Manage booking.
Travelling with medication
If you need to bring essential medication on your flight, please check our travelling with medication requirements.
Travelling with infants
- What are the limits for liquids, aerosols and gels?
- Dangerous goods
- What can’t I carry on board? Prohibited items
- Travelling with medication
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Can I bring my scuba diving equipment?
- Can I bring my musical instrument?
- Can I bring my windsurfers or sailboards?
- Can I bring my fishing rods?
- Can I bring my bicycle?