Refunds on fare and Jetstar add-ons
Missed check-in deadline or failure to board within the required time
- Non-refundable/loss of fare. Check your itinerary for strict check-in and boarding times.
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within Change Deadline.
- Not permitted.
Passenger Name changes
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within the Change Deadline.
- Name changes can be made for an individual passenger on a booking, but must apply to all flights for that passenger.
- Name Changes are not permitted for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay – Flight bookings on Jetstar or JAL Mileage bookings.
Change Deadline and Point of contact
- Permitted changes must be made before the original scheduled flight opens for check-in at the airport. Airport check in opening times are available on your Jetstar itinerary or here.
- Time and Date changes can be made via Jetstar.com if originally booking was made via Jetstar.com or Jetstar Call Centre. All changes can be made via Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport and additional service fees apply if your booking was not originally made via the Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport.
- Fees are subject to change and are applied at the rate current at time of change. For current fees see Fees and charges.
Change Fees and Fare Difference
- Change Fees do not apply for permitted changes to a Starter fare with Plus bundle.
- Fare Difference applies per passenger, per flight. Your new fare will be at least the amount of the fare you originally booked and may be more. You cannot change to a lower fare. No refund will be applicable if a lower fare is available.
- Fare Difference is the difference (if any) between the fare or fare with bundle originally booked and an available fare or fare with bundle on the date of change which is at least the same fare or, if not available, the next available higher fare. The Fare Difference may be substantial.
Permitted fare/bundle changes
- Subject to payment of Fare Difference applicable at time of change, Starter fares with Plus bundles can be changed to an available Starter fare with Plus bundle, Starter fare with Max bundle, Business Class fare or Business Class fare with Max bundle.
- Starter fares with Plus Bundle cannot be changed to a Starter fare.
- You must re-book onto an available Jetstar flight. Jetstar does not hold open-dated bookings.
- All amounts will be charged in the currency you made your original booking.
Earning Qantas Points and Status Credits, JAL Mileage, Emirates Skywards Miles and Lotusmiles Miles
- Qantas Points and Status Credits
- Starter Fare with Plus Bundle passengers are eligible to earn Qantas Points and Status Credits, subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions.
- Qantas Points and Status Credits are earned at the Qantas Economy Rate.
- JAL Mileage
- Passengers travelling on Jetstar Japan (GK) flights may opt to earn JAL Mileage at a 25% accumulation rate, subject to the JAL Mileage Terms and Conditions.
- JAL Mileage Bank earn is only available on Jetstar Japan (GK) flights.
- Emirates Skywards Miles
- Passengers travelling on Jetstar (international flights only), Jetstar Asia (3K), and Jetstar Japan (GK) flights may opt to earn Skywards Miles at the Emirates Economy rate, subject to the Emirates Skywards Terms and Conditions.
- Emirates Skywards earn is not available on domestic flights operating in Australia or New Zealand and Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights.
- Lotusmiles Miles
- Passengers travelling on Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights may opt to earn Lotusmiles miles subject to the Vietnam Airlines Terms and Conditions.
- Lotusmiles earning is only available on Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Classic Upgrade Rewards
- Starter Fare with Plus Bundle is not eligible for Classic Upgrade Rewards.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay - Flights on Jetstar and JAL Mileage - Additional Payments
- All changes or additions to your booking must be paid with money and cannot be paid with points.
- Changes or additions will be calculated by using the original monetary value and currency of the fare (as determined by Jetstar) and as per the conditions listed in the Change Fee and Fare Difference section of these fare rules.
Plus Protect (JPY ¥10,000)
- Plus Protect 10,000JPY for certain delays/cancellations. Conditions apply.