The Jetstar Group is a group of value based carriers providing all day every day low fares across Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region.
We’d like to give you the chance to get to know us a little better by reading about our company history and our impressive fleet.
Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
The Jetstar Group is a value based, low fares group of airlines operating in the leisure and value based markets. The Group consists of:
- Jetstar Airways in Australia and New Zealand (wholly owned by the Qantas Group).
- Jetstar Asia based in Singapore. The company is managed by Newstar Holdings, majority owned by a Singapore company Westbrook Investments (51 per cent), with the Qantas Group holding the remaining 49 per cent.
- Jetstar Pacific based in Vietnam (majority owned by Vietnam Airlines with the Qantas Group holding 30 per cent).
- Jetstar Japan, a partnership between the Qantas Group Japan Airlines, Mitsubishi Corporation and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation.
- Jetstar Hong Kong, a partnership between Shun Tak Holdings, China Eastern Airlines, and the Qantas Group (subject to regulatory approval).
The Jetstar Group has flown more than 140 million passengers since it launched in 2004. In the past financial year ended June 2014, the Jetstar Group carried more than 20 million customers.
The Jetstar Group has grown from providing employment to around 400 people in 2004 to about 7,000 across Asia Pacific today.
The Jetstar Group is led by Chief Executive Officer, Jayne Hrdlicka. CEOs of the Jetstar airlines are: David Hall (Jetstar Australia and New Zealand), Barathan Pasupathi (Jetstar Asia), Miyuki Suzuki (Jetstar Japan), Le Hong Ha (Jetstar Pacific) and Edward Lau (Jetstar Hong Kong).