No single bag or item can weigh more than 32kg.
The maximum size your baggage can be depends on both the Jetstar carrier you’re flying with and the type of aircraft.
For journeys with multiple carriers and aircraft types, the lowest maximum size limit applies.
See Oversized baggage for details.
Specific requirements apply for musical instruments.
Not all fares include checked baggage
Checked baggage is not included with Economy Starter fares. For other fares, check how much baggage allowance is included.
Remember – the best time to add a baggage allowance is when you book.
Baggage charges at the airport
If you haven't added baggage and you arrive at the airport with checked baggage, fees and charges will apply.
You'll be charged a fee for up to 15kg of baggage per passenger, and after that for every additional kilo at the per kilo rate. If you have added checked baggage to your booking but arrive with more than your allowance you’ll be charged for excess baggage. Excess baggage is charged per kilo. We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to add excess baggage to your flight.
Make sure you check our policy for baggage transfers if you have flight connections on your itinerary.
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Baggage transfers and flight connections
- Seafood, meat and frozen products
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- Dangerous goods
- Can I bring my scuba diving equipment?