Planning & Booking
When you're flying with Jetstar you can choose to check in online before you arrive at the airport. Using web check-in is often the fastest and easiest way to check-in. Most domestic passengers won't have to visit the airport counter, simply print tags for any checked-baggage at the airport kiosk and drop them off at the bag drop counter at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight. Next, head straight to the boarding gate.
Print your boarding pass when you check-in, have it emailed and print it later or choose to receive it as an SMS.
Web Check-in available for:
- Individuals, or group bookings.
- Passengers with just carry-on baggage and those with checked baggage
- The return flight if it’s within 7 days of the outbound flight
- Australian, New Zealand and Japanese domestic flights scheduled to depart between 48 hours and 60 minutes from when you check in
- International Jetstar and Jetstar Asia flights scheduled to depart between 48 hours and 120 minutes from when you check in
Web Check-in is not available for:
- Bookings with outstanding balance
Passengers travelling with infants
Passengers needing assistance (such as wheelchairs, extra seats, visual or hearing impairments, and unaccompanied minors)
Flights departing less than 48 hours after booking
Flights booked through a travel agent, third party or over the phone unless you have your six letter and number booking reference number (PNR). If you’d like to use web check-in but don’t have your PNR, ask if they can provide it.
All flights other than those listed
How Web Check-in works:
Follow the steps to use web check-in. You’ll need to find your booking, enter your details and choose how to receive your boarding pass.
Step 1: Before you check in
There are a few things you need to prepare before you use web check-in:
- You’ll need your booking reference number (PNR). Find the six letter and number PNR on your Jetstar itinerary or, if you booked with a travel agent or third party, ask them to provide it.
- If you have international flight, you’ll need to enter your passport details. Have your passport ready.
- If you’d like to print your own boarding pass, we’ll send it as a PDF. To open and print your PDF boarding pass, you’ll need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader
- There might be details about travel document requirements, specific assistance or your added extras in your itinerary. Read it thoroughly in case you need to prepare anything for your flight.
Step 2: Check in online
Once you’ve got everything ready and web check-in is open for your flight, enter your details at web check-in
- Enter your booking reference number (PNR), surname and departing airport details and select continue. You’ll see the details of your booking
- Choose the passengers, baggage and flights that you want to check-in
- If you have an international flight, enter the Advanced Passenger Information (APIS)
- Declare if you intend to carry any dangerous goods in your carry-on or checked-baggage
- You’ll have the chance to choose which seat you want, select it now. Fees may apply
- Next you’ll choose how you want to receive your boarding pass. If you have a domestic Australian or New Zealand flight you have four options:
- Download your PDF boarding pass now and print,
- Have your boarding pass emailed to you and print it later or,
- Download your PDF boarding pass now and print,
- Have your boarding pass sent as an SMS to your nominated mobile phone
- If you have an international flight or a domestic flight from an international terminal, go to the airport counter to get a boarding pass. You must go before the airport counter check-in closes. If you’re travelling on a 3K flight between Singapore and Kuala Lumpar you’ll receive your boarding pass by email and will need to present it at the web check-in counter at the airport.
- Prepare and print any travel documents you’ll need. See: Passports and visas
Step 3: At the airport
Make sure you arrive at check-in and/or your boarding gates within the following timeframes.
Jetstar (JQ) and Jetstar Japan (GK) domestic flights departing from domestic terminals
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on an A330 and 787** aircraft
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on an A320 and A321 aircraft
Jetstar Pacific (BL) domestic flights
Once check-in has opened no further changes can be made for passengers who purchased a Starter fare with a Plus Bundle
Find the aircraft type in your Jetstar itinerary or at Manage booking
Please don't be late. We can't wait.
If you do not check in or present at the boarding gate before the closed times you won’t be able to board your flight and you may lose your fare in full. We recommend arriving at the airport early to allow enough time to make your way through the airport, taking into consideration clearing airport security.
For International/Intra Asian flights:
- All passengers on international flights must present their web travel documents, along with any other relevant travel documents, to a check-in agent at the airport. After this you will receive your official boarding pass.
- Please ensure that you arrive at check-in and/or your boarding gates within the following timeframes.
Jetstar (JQ) international flights on an A330 and 787** aircraft
Jetstar (JQ) international flights on an A320 and A321 aircraft
Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Pacific (BL) international flight
Once check-in has opened no further changes can be made for passengers who purchased a Starter fare with a Plus Bundle.
Find your aircraft type on your flight itinerary, pre-departure email or at manage booking.
** Some Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights are subject to government and regulatory approval. For more information, please click here.