Planning & Booking
Whether you’re travelling along or in a group, with or without baggage, Jetstar’s web check-in service allows you to check-in online from the comfort of your home or office. You can also choose where you would like to sit (from available seats) and download and print your boarding pass, so you’re ready to go!
This page tells you all you need about web check-in, including a step by step guide to How Web Check-in works and FAQs.
Web Check-in available for:
- Individuals, or group bookings.
- Travellers with carry-on baggage, or those with luggage to check-in.
- For all return flights, if scheduled departure is within 7 days of the outbound flight.
- For Domestic: For all Australian and New Zealand domestic flights between 48 hours and 60 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure.
- For International (Jetstar): Flights from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Gold Coast, Perth and Christchurch only. Between 48 hours and 120 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure.
- For International (Jetstar Asia): Flights to/from Singapore, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali, Ho Chi Minh City, Osaka, Taipei, Manila, Bangkok, Phuket and Auckland only. Between 48 hours and 120 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure.
Web Check-in is not available:
- If you or anyone in your booking are booked in an Extra Leg Room / Exit Row Seat or an Up Front Seat that is in an exit row.
- Bookings that include infants or specific service requests
(such as wheelchairs, extra seats, visual or hearing impairments, and unaccompanied minors).
- Staff travel bookings.
- Bookings with an outstanding balance owing.
- All flights not disclosed above.
How Web Check-in works:
Step 1: Checking in online
- Please enter your booking reference number (PNR), your surname and the airport you're departing from.
- Select the passengers, baggage and flights you want to check-in. Able amount of baggage depends on your fare type.
- If you have an international flight you'll need to enter the Advanced Passenger Information (APIS). Jetstar is required to provide this information to border authorities.
- Make sure you declare any dangerous goods.
- If you'd like to choose your seat, make a selection from the available seats displayed.
- For Domestic: Download and print your boarding pass as a PDF document, alternatively you can save and email to print off at a later date. Or you can have an SMS Boarding Pass sent to your mobile phone.
For International: Print your web travel documents as these are required to obtain your boarding pass at the airport.
Before you check-in online:
- Please read through all of the detailed information in your itinerary. For international travel, please have your passport information ready, as you will need to enter these details.
- If your booking was made through a travel agent, please ask your agent to provide you with the 'Jetstar PNR'. (Your Booking Reference number, which is six letters and numbers).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
is required to view and print Boarding Passes
Step 2: At the airport
Please ensure that you arrive at check-in and/or your boarding gates within the following timeframes.
Domestic Australia and New Zealand
Jetstar (JQ) and Jetstar Japan (GK) domestic flights departing from domestic terminals
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on an A330 and 787** aircraft
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on an A320 and A321 aircraft
Jetstar Pacific (BL) domestic flights
Once check-in has opened no further changes can be made for passengers who purchased a Starter fare with a Plus Bundle
Find the aircraft type in your Jetstar itinerary or at Manage booking
Please don't be late. We can't wait.
If you do not check in or present at the boarding gate before the closed times you won’t be able to board your flight and you may lose your fare in full. We recommend arriving at the airport early to allow enough time to make your way through the airport, taking into consideration clearing airport security.
For International/Intra Asian flights:
- All passengers on international flights must present their web travel documents, along with any other relevant travel documents, to a check-in agent at the airport. After this you will receive your official boarding pass.
- Please ensure that you arrive at check-in and/or your boarding gates within the following timeframes.
Jetstar (JQ) international flights
Jetstar (JQ) international flights on an A330 and 787** aircraft
Jetstar (JQ) international flights on an A320 and A321 aircraft
Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Pacific (BL) and Valuair (VF) international flight
Once check-in has opened no further changes can be made for passengers who purchased a Starter fare with a Plus Bundle.
Find your aircraft type on your flight itinerary, pre-departure email or at manage booking.
** Some Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights are subject to government and regulatory approval. For more information, please click here.