Get ready to arrive and plan your onward travel by understanding airport facilities and taxi restraint regulations. Choose to rent a car with Jetstar partners Avis or Budget.
Book a rental car
If your checked-baggage includes portable cots, strollers, bedding or anything bulky, go to the ‘Special Luggage’ desk when you arrive.
Often airports have facilities to make life easier for parents and children. Changing rooms, showers, bathrooms, shops, restaurants and places to rest get the basics sorted while taxis and car hire help you arrange onward travel. Check the airport website for details on facilities.
Child restraints in taxis
Child restraint regulations at our destinations differ greatly so we recommend you check before you travel. For travel in Australia or New Zealand, check with local taxi, government or tourist bureaus. For international travel, check with the relevant consulate or embassy.
Renting a car is often a good option for families. Jetstar passengers get specially negotiated car hire rates with Avis and Budget
Making a reservation
- Choose the vehicle size you’ll need. In most cases Avis and Budget can offer a range including full-size cars, 4WDs and 8-seater Toyota Tarago Vans.
- Make sure you’ll have enough room for child safety seats and boot space for prams.
- Reserve your child safety seats or portable GPS units. Give your child’s age and weight for safety seats.
- If you’re thinking of collecting the car at one location and returning it to another (one-way rental), check with the rental location at the time of booking for details
Collecting your rental vehicle
- Have your driver’s licence and credit card ready.
- Choose if you’d like to include excess reduction insurance.
- Check the car for any damage before you leave the premises. Advise staff if you have any queries or issues.
- Familiarise yourself with the car. Avis and Budget staff will help with any queries.
- Collect a local map, a street directory or ask Avis and Budget staff to help with directions. Alternatively, add a portable GPS unit to your rental.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that child safety seats are secure, check before you leave.
- Collect your holiday voucher book for discounted tourist activities from Avis.
- If you’re a Qantas Frequent Flyer you may be able to receive points with your rental. Check for details of all reward partners.
Driving your rental vehicle
- Remember to take your portable GPS unit and accessories with you when you leave the vehicle. It is your responsibility to return it with the vehicle.
- Check the emergency roadside assistance details provided by Avis and Budget.
- It is your responsibility to pay road tolls, ask Avis and Budget staff for details.
Returning your rental vehicle
- Return the vehicle on time to avoid additional charges.
- Return the car with a full tank of fuel as the re-fuelling charge can be costly.
- Make sure you’ve taken all of your belongings. Remember to check under the seats, in the glovebox and in the boot.