The following definitions shall apply throughout unless otherwise stated:-
* "Jetstar": Jetstar Airways Pty Limited, Jetstar Asia Airways Private Limited and Valuair Limited
* "web site": jetstar.com, valuair.com and any related linked pages or domains
These Terms govern your use of the Jetstar web site. Your use of this web site will mean you accept these Terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on this web site is protected by copyright. You may use this web site only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on this web site, or create any other material using material on this web site, without obtaining the prior written consent of Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways.
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways.
The web site, products, technology and processes contained in this web site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of this web site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
Email, Fax and other forms of Electronic Communication
When you have requested for the itinerary or other flight-related documents to be sent to you by email, fax or other forms of electronic communication (including mobile messages), failure to receive it does not constitute an unsuccessful booking. A booking is deemed successful and complete after payment has been made and approved. In the event of any dispute, the booking in the Jetstar Asia database is the primary record of carriage, and will prevail.
Jetstar is not responsible for the delivery of any electronic communication. If you have any queries regarding your booking, please contact Telephone Reservations or your travel agent.
This web site may contain links to, or frame, web sites of third parties ("external sites"). Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways is not required to maintain or update the links.
Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this web site.
Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
When you book flights or access your Frequent Flyer membership information, a secure server is used. Secure Server Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this web site. Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways makes no warranty in respect of the strength or effectiveness of that encryption and Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. Any web server (including this one) may:
- Store one or more cookies in your browser;
- Request your browser to transmit this data back to the web server; or
- Request your browser to transmit a cookie that has been stored on your browser by another site within the same internet domain. For example, all servers in the domain jetstar.com may retrieve a cookie set by the web server jetstar.com
- This web site may store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to this web site.
By using cookies, web sites can track information about visitors’ use of the site and provide customised content. Most web browsers can be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it. You may also inspect the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable, Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways:
- Excludes all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, is not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of this web site; and
- Excludes liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with this web site.
- Without limiting the general disclaimer, Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways:
- Makes no warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this web site or if that information is not up-to-date;
- Will not be liable for disruptions to this web site; and
- Is not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this web site or an external site. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this web site is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
Linking to jetstar.com
You must not link to this site without obtaining the prior written approval of Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways. Use of any automated screen capture or screen scraping technologies to obtain information from this site without the prior written approval of Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways may be an infringement of Jetstar Airways or Jetstar Asia Airways’ intellectual property rights.
The carriage of passengers, baggage and cargo by air is subject to the Conditions of Carriage and Regulations of the relevant carrier.
1. Jetstar flights and the Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards Booking Service on jetstar.com is provided by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited (ABN 33 069 720 243), Travel agent licence no. VIC 32696 (‘Jetstar’). Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards are provided to members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (‘Members’) by Qantas.
2. The Booking Service and Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards are available only to Members.
3. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (‘Program’), and earning and redeeming Qantas Frequent Flyer points (‘Points’), is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Program (‘Program Terms and Conditions’). A joining fee may apply. The Program Terms and Conditions also apply to the Booking Service and any Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards obtained through it.
4. All Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award flights are governed by and subject to the Fare Conditions applicable to that Award flight and the Program Terms and Conditions at the time of booking. ‘Fare Conditions’ are all the terms and conditions of a fare, ticket or carriage, however described, which apply in relation to a flight and can be viewed on this website (accessed via qantas.com). ‘Awards’ are Awards under and as defined in the Program Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise defined in these Terms, terms defined in the Program Terms and Conditions have the same meaning when used in these Terms.
How To Obtain Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards
5. Members can obtain Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards through the Booking Service by redeeming Points or a combination of redeeming Points (above the minimum number of Points required) and making a payment by Accepted Payment Card (‘Points Plus Pay’) in accordance with the Program Terms and Conditions.
6. Points Plus Pay allows you to choose the number of Points you redeem, above the required minimum, and pay an amount on your Accepted Payment Card to obtain your Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award. The minimum number of Points will vary depending on the Award.
7. The Booking Service may be accessed:
a. anytime, on jetstar.com (via qantas.com); or
b. by calling the service centre, within Australia: 13 11 31 or within New Zealand: 0800 100 767. For other countries view our Frequent Flyer Contacts.
8. The Booking Service will only accept Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award bookings from Members. Members will be required to provide membership details and pin prior to redeeming Points to obtain Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards.
9. A Member’s award booking will not be completed until the required number of Points have been redeemed and any required payment made by Accepted Payment Card.
10. Any payment amount required to obtain a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award using the Booking Service must be paid using a VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Diners Club card (‘Accepted Payment Card’). No other form of payment is accepted.
11. Jetstar will provide a Member with ‘Travel Documentation’ that confirms their Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award booking as those documents become available, either by:
a. email to an email address provided by the Member; or
b. fax to a fax number provided by the Member to the service centre; or
c. post to a mailing address provided by the Member to the service centre.
12. Members cannot pick up Travel Documentation in person.
13. Neither Qantas nor Jetstar is responsible to a Member if that Member fails to receive correspondence or Travel Documentation that has been sent to the email address or postal address provided by that Member.
14. Members may incur an additional charge for the cost of postage and/or courier deliveries of Travel Documentation.
15. Travel times or other details shown on Travel Documentation are subject to change by the airline without notice. Neither Qantas nor Jetstar accept any responsibility for any change made by the airline to the travel times or other details shown on Travel Documentation.
16. Members are responsible to ensure that they have the necessary Travel Documentation; and valid passports, other identification, visas and re-entry permits, as required by law for the travel they are undertaking. Neither Qantas nor Jetstar accept any responsibility if the traveller has not obtained the necessary travel documents.
17. Members are responsible to ensure that the names shown on any Travel Documentation correctly correspond to the names of the travelling passengers’ passports. Any amendments to the names shown on any Travel Documentation or Members’ Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award bookings may result in the award booking being cancelled automatically and cancellation fees may apply.
18. Neither Qantas nor Jetstar are responsible if names shown on Travel Documentation do not match the names specified in passengers’ passports or other relevant identification, and boarding is denied for any reason by the airline or country of entry.
19. In the event that an accident, disaster or emergency is reported to have occurred in a country where you will or may be travelling, you authorise each of Qantas and Jetstar to disclose to the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade details of your itinerary (including without limitation, transport and accommodation arrangements) and my/our contact details within Australia and overseas.
Fees, Taxes, Levies And Charges
20. Fees, taxes, levies and government charges may apply and can change at any time and are beyond the control of Qantas or Jetstar. Members agree to pay any increases in taxes, or other charges when requested by Qantas or Jetstar. Those taxes may include:
a. additional local taxes and levies charged by some travel providers; or
b. local taxes charged by some countries upon arrival or departure. Neither Qantas nor Jetstar is responsible for advising Members of any such local taxes or levies.
21. Additional fees apply when a Member books, cancels or amends a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award or has Travel Documentation issued or re-issued and delivered via mail. The Member agrees to pay these fees:
a. Assisted Award Booking Fee: Applies to any Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award booking made or completed by telephone. Payment of the Assisted Award Booking Fee can only be made with Points. See the Fee Schedule
b. Jetstar Service Fees: Jetstar service fees may apply for services requested by a Member in connection with an Any Seat Award. These fees are specified in the Fare Conditions for Jetstar flights on Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards. The Member agrees to pay those fees in order for those services to be provided to the Member by Jetstar. Jetstar service fees may vary from time and time.
Acceptable Use Of The Services
22. You agree you shall not use any device, software or routine, to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website.
23. You agree you shall not take any action that imposes a burden or load on this website that Qantas or Jetstar deem in their sole discretion to be unreasonable or disproportionate to the benefits Qantas or Jetstar obtains from your use of the site.
24. You agree that you shall not use this website to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law or applicable regulation or code of conduct.
25. You agree you shall not use this website to post or transmit any information which (i) infringes the rights of others or violates their privacy or publicity rights, (ii) contains a virus, bug, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, trap door or other harmful item, (iii) is used to unlawfully collude against another person in restraint or trade or competition, or (iv) creates any liability for Qantas or Jetstar or causes Qantas or Jetstar to lose (in whole or in part) the services of their internet service providers or other suppliers.
Disclaimers And Limitations Of Liability
26. Except where to do so would cause any part of these Terms to be illegal, void or unenforceable:
a. each of Qantas and Jetstar exclude all conditions and warranties implied into these Terms;
b. neither Qantas nor Jetstar is liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with use of the Booking Service; and
c. each of Qantas and Jetstar exclude liability (whether that liability arises under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue and loss of, or damage to, data) suffered or incurred in connection with the Booking Service.
30. Without limiting the general disclaimer above, neither Qantas nor Jetstar:
a. make any warranty as to the completeness or accuracy of any material or as to its merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Qantas nor Jetstar are liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information provided by the Booking Service or if that information is not up-to-date;
b. will be liable for disruptions to the Booking Service; and
c. is liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of this website or an external site, you must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for use from this website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer systems.
32. Access to the Booking Service is subject to the availability of communication links and access rights. Each of Qantas and Jetstar reserves the right to deny such access to any person.
33. All prices quoted are inclusive of GST unless it is expressly stated to be exclusive of GST.
Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Awards booking service on Jetstar.com is provided by Jetstar Airways Pty Limited (ABN 33 069 720 243), Travel agent licence no. VIC 32696. Licensed Address: Level 4, 222 Bourke St, MELBOURNE, VIC, 3000