What you need to know
- Our carry-on baggage weight limits are changing. Please read below carefully to make sure your bags are the right size and weight.
- If you bring too many carry-on baggage items or if they exceed the weight or size limits at the departure gate, staff will insist that they be checked in. Charges may apply.
- Be sure to remove restricted items and check liquid, gel and aerosol limits.
Weight limits for Economy passengers
Passengers travelling on Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar Asia (3K) or Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights
- Economy passengers may bring one main item of carry-on baggage and one other small item, with a total combined weight of up to 7kg.
- Any passengers who booked their flights on Jetstar (JQ) or Jetstar Asia (3K) and international flights on Jetstar Pacific (BL) before 28th October 2014 may bring up to 10kg.
Passengers travelling on Jetstar Japan (GK) flights before 1st February 2015
- Passengers may bring one main item of carry-on baggage and one other small item, with a total combined weight of up to 10kg.
Passengers travelling on Jetstar Japan (GK) flights on or after 1st February 2015
- Passengers may bring one main item of carry-on baggage and one other small item, with a total combined weight of up to 7kg.
- Any passengers who made their flight booking before 3rd December 2014 may bring up to 10kg.
Weight limits for Business Class passengers
- Business Class passengers may bring two main items of carry-on baggage, as long as each main item does not exceed 7kg, with a total combined carry-on baggage weight of up to 14kg.
- Any passengers who made their flight booking before 28th October 2014 may bring up to 20kg
*Except for passengers who made their booking before 28th October 2014 who have a combined total weight of 20kg.
Carry-on baggage size
You may bring one main item and one small item as carry on baggage within the weight limits above. These items must also meet the size restrictions below.
Any piece of baggage that doesn’t fit with the requirements above will need to be checked-in. Charges may apply.
Each piece must be able to fit under the seat in front of you, or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin of the aircraft.
The additional small item you bring on board could be:
- A handbag,
- Pocket book or purse,
- Approved duty free goods (international flights only)
Additional charges to check in baggage at the gate
Your baggage may be checked at the gate to ensure it is within our size and weight limits. If your carry on baggage exceeds size or weight restrictions at the boarding gate, the following additional charges apply as we will need to check in your baggage at the gate.
Liquid, gels and aerosols
There are government limits to the amount of liquids, aerosols and gels that you can have in your carry-on baggage when you’re departing from an international terminal. Those limits also apply to domestic flights departing from an international terminal.
For up to date information visit the Australian Government’s Travel Secure list, Singapore Airport Guidelines or government regulations of the country you’re travelling from.
Some items are prohibited as carry-on baggage. These restrictions are determined by government and airport authorities. For restricted items see:
Domestic restricted items
International restricted items
It’s your responsibility to understand these restrictions and put the items in your checked baggage. If restricted items are found they will be removed and not returned.
To ensure the comfort of all customers, Jetstar also prohibits the carriage and use of ‘knee defenders’ or any device which restricts the recline of another customer’s seat on board all Jetstar Group airlines.
If you’re travelling with hypodermic needles, please ensure you declare this at the screening point and, where possible, provide documentation or identification to confirm your medical condition.
Medication should have a professionally printed label that identifies the medication, or a manufacturer’s name or pharmaceutical label.