Due to the widespread impact of COVID-19 on people’s travel plans, 2020 saw us issue more travel vouchers than in any other year.
As a result, we’ve made some big improvements to our vouchers. Not only are they now easier to use, they’re also harder to lose! Because now you can store them in your Jetstar account, My Account. (Please note: not all voucher types are available in My Wallet yet, but we're working on it)
First things first: what is ‘My Account’?
My Account is your personal account for everything Jetstar, a secure place where you can save your details, bookings, preferred payment methods and vouchers, and take advantage of special deals.
How do I create a ‘My Account’?
Creating your My Account couldn’t be easier.
- Go to jetstar.com
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button at the top right-hand corner of the page. This will trigger a log-in pop-up.
- Select ‘Create account’ then follow the instructions to create a Jetstar account.
How do I add a voucher to My Account?
Once you’re logged in to My Account, you’ll find a space called ‘My Wallet’. This is where you can save your vouchers.
- Click on ‘My Wallet’ in the left-hand menu, then select ‘Add voucher’ in the ‘Saved vouchers’ section
- Enter the details of your voucher and click the ‘Verify’ button
- When the voucher is verified, you’ll see it in ‘Saved vouchers’ and be able to use it when you book flights on jetstar.com.
You can add as many vouchers as you like, but please note: My Wallet is not be available for all voucher types just yet.
How do I see my vouchers?
You must be logged in to your Jetstar account to add and view your vouchers.
- When you log in, a drop-down menu will appear. Select ‘Account settings’. If you don’t see the drop-down, simply click on ‘My Account’ in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Once in My Account, select ‘My Wallet’ from the left-hand menu
- Your available vouchers will appear under ‘Saved vouchers’.
Help! My voucher isn’t showing/couldn’t be verified.
When you add a voucher to My Wallet, be sure the information you enter is correct, and exactly as it appears on your voucher.
If it still won’t display, please check that the email address to which your voucher was issued is the same as the email address you use to log into your My Account.
If it was issued to a different email, you will need to update your My Account email address to match that of your voucher email address. To do this:
- Go to the ‘My Details’ section of your My Account and edit your email address to match the email address to which your voucher was sent
- You’ll then be able to save your voucher.
If you’re still unable to save your voucher, if you’re sure you entered your voucher details correctly, it could be that your voucher type is not yet available in My Wallet.
Still need help? Please contact us
How do I redeem my vouchers from My Wallet?
Once you’ve added and verified a voucher/s to My Wallet, it will be displayed on the payment page when you make a booking on jetstar.com (please note that you’ll need to be logged in to My Account when making the booking). Simply select the voucher/s you wish to pay with and click ‘Use voucher’ to apply it to your booking.
Of course, you may still enter your voucher number manually if you prefer or if it can't be saved to My Wallet.
Check your voucher for full Terms and Conditions.
Can I see what booking my voucher was redeemed on?
Not at this stage, but we’re working on it! You can, however, see which vouchers you have redeemed, as well as those which have expired.