across 2 items
across 2 items
(max of 10kg per single item)
How many items can I bring?
Your weight allowance can be shared across 2 items:
- one main item for the overhead locker
- one small item to store under the seat in front of you.
How big can my main item be?
Regardless of your weight allowance, your main item must fit in the overhead lockers and not exceed 56cm (height) x 36cm (width) x 23cm (depth) including wheels and handles.
If you have purchased a 14kg allowance, your main item cannot exceed 10kg.
What is a small item?
A small item is something carried outside of your main item and is capable of fitting under the seat in front of you.
Common small items include:
- A purse or handbag
- A laptop in a thin case
- A coat or blanket
- An umbrella
- A camera
- Infant food and other baby items
- Approved duty free goods
Avoid fees at the airport
We monitor carry-on baggage at the airport and fees apply if you exceed your allowance. Extra items may also need to be checked in.
If you know you're likely to go over your allowance, it's cheaper to purchase extra baggage online before you arrive at the airport. You can do this when you book or at Manage booking.
Some items are prohibited as carry-on baggage so make sure you remove restricted items and don’t forget to check liquids, aerosols, gels and powders if you are flying from an international terminal.
Travelling with medication
If you need to bring essential medication on your flight, please check our travelling with medication requirements.
Travelling with infants and children
On all flights you can bring an approved car seat on board for your infant or child to sit in, in addition to your other carry-on items, free of charge.
If your stroller collapses to our carry-on baggage dimensions (56cm x 23cm x 36cm) and it’s securely packed within a protective cover/bag, then it can be carried on board most Jetstar flights. It will count towards your carry-on baggage allowance.
- Dangerous goods
- What can’t I carry on board? Prohibited items
- What are the limits for liquids, aerosols, gels, and powders?
- Travelling with cremated remains or ashes
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Travelling with medication
- Can I bring my surfboard, skis or snowboard?
- What do I need to know about baggage transfers?
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- What do I need to know about bringing a car seat on board?