The cheapest and most convenient way to buy additional checked baggage is when you book your flight. If you’ve already made a booking but would like to add checked baggage, you can purchase additional weight up to 40kg.
You can also top up your carry-on baggage with a +3kg top-up for a total of 10kg carry-on baggage allowance (for travel after 4 September 2018, excluding bookings to, from or within Vietnam).
If your booking was made via a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to add baggage allowance or contact us.
Not all fares include checked baggage
Checked baggage is not included with Economy Starter fares. For other fares, check how much baggage allowance is included.
Remember – the best time to add a baggage allowance is when you book.
Baggage charges at the airport
If you haven't added baggage and you arrive at the airport with checked baggage, charges will apply.
You'll be charged a fee for up to 15kg of baggage per passenger, and after that for every additional kilo at the per kilo rate. If you have added checked baggage to your booking but arrive with more than your allowance you’ll be charged for excess baggage. Excess baggage is charged per kilo. We can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to add excess baggage to your flight.
Make sure you check our policy for baggage transfers if you have flight connections on your itinerary.See more information about checked baggage
- Seafood, meat and frozen products
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- What do I need to know about baggage transfers?
- Dangerous goods
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- What are the size and weight restrictions for checked baggage?