Purchase what you need
- Starter fares include a carry-on allowance of 7kg shared across 2 items.
- Subject to availability, you can purchase additional carry-on baggage to increase your weight to 14kg.
- Your main item must be stored in the overhead locker and your small item placed under the seat in front of you. Size restrictions apply.
- Your carry-on allowance includes everything you’ll be bringing on board. Items such as handbags and laptops form part of your allowance.
- If you exceed your carry-on baggage allowance, you will be charged excess baggage fees at the airport.
- Purchase up to 40kg of checked baggage.
- It’s cheapest to purchase checked baggage online when you book your flight.
- It costs more to add it online later, and much more to add it at the airport.
- Checked baggage weight cannot be used to increase your carry-on baggage allowance.
Travelling on a Jetstar Connect booking? Different baggage options may apply.
Find out about baggage on Jetstar Connect bookings.
Flying with kids, musical instruments and sporting gear
Bringing sporting equipment
Packing a bike, board or set of clubs? Find out what you need to know before you go.
Travelling with young kids
What you need to know about flying with prams, portable cots and infant car seats.
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- What are the limits for liquids, aerosols, gels, and powders?
- Travelling with cremated remains or ashes
- Dangerous goods
- Carry-on baggage – what can I bring on board?
- What can’t I carry on board? Prohibited items
- Travelling with medication
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?