We highly recommend that you do not include the following in your checked baggage:
- Fragile items
- Valuable documents
- Business documents
- Precious metals and stones
While we take all possible care with your luggage, we will rely upon all available defences against any claim for damage, destruction or loss if this regrettably occurs. See Lost, damaged and delayed baggage.
See more information about checked baggage.
Please note, there are items that are prohibited from your checked baggage, see Dangerous Goods for details.
- Baggage allowance
- Restricted items
- Checked baggage
- What do I need to know about baggage transfers?
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged
- Travelling with cremated remains or ashes
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- What are the size and weight restrictions for checked baggage?