Making a booking
If you’re deaf or have a hearing impairment, please let us know when you make your booking so we can provide any assistance you may require.
If you’d like to make a booking or ask a question, you can reach us through online chat on our website, or call us through the National Relay Service (NRS) within Australia:
- TTY (Text Telephone) users phone 133 677 then ask for 131 538
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 131 538
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS and then ask for 131 538
Preparing for your trip
Travelling with a Service Dog? All Service Dogs need to be approved by Jetstar to be carried in the aircraft cabin. Make sure you let us know and prepare for your trip by finding out more about the requirements for travelling with your Service Dog.
Jetstar has a customer assistance checklist available to download and print. It is not mandatory to complete. However, bringing it with you will help us understand your needs on the day of travel.
At the airport
Flight information will be available on screens at the airport and hearing loops are available in some airport terminals.
Please make yourself known to our staff at check-in and let us know if you’d like assistance from the check-in counter to the boarding gate or aircraft seat.
On your flight
You will generally be invited to be one of the first to board your flight, where our crew will provide you with an individual safety briefing.
At your destination
Please let us know if we can assist you from the aircraft to the baggage claim area.
If you require assistance with onward travel – including to connecting flights – please make sure you arrange for someone to meet you as we’re not able to assist beyond baggage claim.
In some instances, we do through-check baggage where you have multiple flights on the one Jetstar booking. Find out more about baggage transfers.
- Jetstar Asia wheelchair fee
- In-flight health
- Travelling with assistive devices
- Torso restraints and supported seating
- Travelling with a service dog
- Limits on assistance and mobility aids
- Level of wheelchair assistance required
- Specific assistance checking in and boarding
- Blind or vision impaired
- Mobility assistance and torso restraints