All carry-on baggage must go through a security screening at the airport. For full details on which items are prohibited on Jetstar flights, including weapons and sharp objects, go to TravelSECURE opens in new window.
It’s your responsibility to understand these restrictions and plan accordingly. If restricted items are found, they will be removed and can’t be returned.
Prohibited in-flight travel accessories
Prohibited in-flight travel accessories include:
- ‘Knee defenders’ or any devices that restrict the recline of another customer’s seat
- 'Leg hammocks' or any seat attachments that obstruct customer movement to aisles
- Similar travel accessories that attach to aircraft seats, are inserted between seats or otherwise block access to seat rows or aisles
- Self-balancing boards (hoverboards) - also banned as checked baggage.
Such devices can impede access to seats and aisles, damage aircraft seats and fixtures, and block access to emergency equipment.
This list is not exhaustive, and the decision to permit the use of a particular travel device rests with the cabin crew.
Declare your cash before you travel
If you’re planning to carry AUD $10,000 cash or more (or the equivalent in foreign currency) on a flight out of or into Australia, you must declare it.
You can fill out a declaration form and hand it to an Australian Customs or Border Force officer at the airport.
Find more information and download the form at Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).
Please note: We have extra requirements and restrictions for passengers carrying seafood, meat and frozen products.
Some Macbook Pro laptops are banned on flights to and from Vietnam. For more information, please see the Dangerous goods page.
- Carry-on baggage – what can I bring on board?
- What are the limits for liquids, aerosols, gels, and powders?
- Travelling with medication
- Dangerous goods
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Can I bring my golf clubs?
- Can I bring my bicycle?
- Can I bring my surfboard, skis or snowboard?
- Can I bring my fishing rods?
- Can I bring my musical instrument?