Yes you can. If you’re an Economy Starter or Economy Starter Plus passenger you’ll pay a fee to select an extra legroom seat.
Economy Starter Max passengers can select an extra legroom seat as part of their fare.
Seating selection is subject to availability.
Our extra legroom seats are located in the exit rows of our aircraft. If you want to sit in an exit row you must:
- be at least 15 years old
- be able to understand and carry out instructions
- not be travelling with someone that requires your assistance in an emergency
- not have any permanent or temporary impairment (e.g. deaf, hearing impaired, blind, vision impaired, any strength or mobility limitation, intellectual impairment or travelling with a service dog)
- be able to check outside conditions and react to crew commands
- be able to reach, open, lift and throw out the 15kg (approx 33lbs) exit door in an emergency
- not be in the third trimester (over 28 weeks) of a pregnancy for passengers travelling on Jetstar Airways (JQ) and Jetstar Japan (GK). Not be in any stage of pregnancy for passengers travelling on Jetstar Asia (3K) and Jetstar Pacific (BL).
- indicate an understanding of the exit row briefing given by cabin crew onboard the aircraft
- be willing to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency
- not be seated with an infant
- not require the use of an extension seat belt
- stow all carry-on baggage in overhead lockers for take-off and landing
If you’ve booked an exit row seat, but think you’ll be unable to meet the additional requirements on the briefing card you must ask to be re-seated. The cabin crew may not be able to establish whether you’ll be able to meet these requirements without your help.
If you don’t need an extra legroom seat, you can still make a regular seat selection when you make your booking. A fee may apply See: Can I select my seat?
Already got a booking? Go to Manage booking to purchase your extra legroom seat selection
Terms and conditions of paid seat requests
- Paid seat requests are non-transferable and non-refundable. You can only transfer seat requests when you make a permitted name change to your booking.
- In the event of a flight disruption or schedule change, we will attempt to seat you in your requested or equivalent seat but we can’t guarantee the seat will be available on your new flight.
- You may also be required to move seats for operational reasons.
- If you choose to change your flight, you will be offered an equivalent seat when you change, subject to availability. If an equivalent seat is unavailable, Jetstar will not provide a refund of the additional amount paid.
- If you change your flight and a higher fee to change the seat applies, you must pay the difference.