On some flights, if you're eligible for online check-in, you can use a boarding pass on your mobile phone to board instead of a printout.
Mobile boarding passes can be used on the following flights:
- Jetstar Airways (JQ) domestic flights within Australia or New Zealand.
- Jetstar Japan (GK) domestic flights
- Selected Jetstar Asia (3K) international flights departing from Singapore and Indonesia
Mobile boarding pass holders may be able to go straight to the boarding gate upon arriving at the airport. View the applicable flights and restrictions on the Straight to Gate page.
If you’re using the Jetstar app to check in, your mobile boarding pass is stored in the app.
If you’re not using the Jetstar app, follow these instructions:
- When checking in, select ‘Send by SMS’ (in Japan, select ‘Email mobile boarding pass’).
- You can choose to send all boarding passes to one person, or individual boarding passes to each passenger.
- Your mobile boarding pass will be sent as a link via SMS (or email in Japan). Open this link on your phone to access and save the boarding pass. If you need to download your boarding pass again for any reason, go to online check-in and enter your name and booking reference to view, save, download and/or print your boarding pass. If all else fails, you can always get a boarding pass at the airport check-in before it closes ahead of your flight.
- You must save the boarding pass to your Apple iOS Wallet, Android WalletPasses or Google Pay app if you're not using the Jetstar app. We can't accept boarding passes from any other apps. Save time and stress – add your boarding pass to your smartphone's app before you are at the gate!
- If you’re flying without checked baggage, go straight to the boarding gate and present your mobile boarding pass ready to scan when you board. If you have checked baggage, refer to the Checked Baggage section below.
- Turn up your mobile phone’s screen brightness at the gate for easy scanning. If your screen is cracked or the phone loses power so the boarding pass is not scannable, use the PDF version if you have it or ask the airport team for a printed boarding pass.
- Scan your mobile boarding pass at an airport kiosk. (If kiosks are not available, drop your checked baggage at the check-in counter.)
- At the kiosk, print your bag tags and attach them to the correct bags.
- Drop off your bags at the bag-drop.