Whether you travel light or need room for holiday shopping, Jetstar offers a range of checked baggage options to suit your travel needs.
Our most popular fares don’t include checked baggage so we recommend adding baggage when you make your booking to get the best price.
If you’re travelling with children or assistive devices, there are some things you can bring as checked baggage for free.
Here’s what you need to know about checking in your baggage.
Travelling light or with oversized baggage? Find out how much checked baggage is included in your fare and how much it costs to add more.Learn about baggage allowance
Flying with kids? You might need to take strollers, portacots or car seats with you. See what you can check in for free.Baggage allowance for family travel
Travel should be safe and accessible. If you're travelling with assistive devices, see what you can check in or carry on for free.Checking in assistive devices
Flying with medication, dangerous items or perishables? See what's prohibited and what needs to meet carriage requirements.Travelling with restricted items
- What are the size and weight restrictions for checked baggage?
- Carry-on baggage – what can I bring on board?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged