Making a booking
We can provide upper torso restraints to allow you to sit upright and secure in your aircraft seat if you cannot sit unaided for take-off, landing or throughout your flight.
Please let us know if you require an upper torso restraint and whether you’ll need a child- or adult-sized one at least 48 hours before your flight.
If you don’t book one in advance, and there isn’t one available for you, you may not be able to travel with us.
Child-sized upper torso restraints aren’t available on Jetstar Asia (3K) flights.
At the departure airport
Please remind our staff at check-in that you require a torso restraint during the flight and let them know if you have any questions about its use.
On your flight
The restraint is designed to be slid over the existing aircraft seat belt and will be fitted by our cabin crew.
You will not be able to use your own torso restraint or harness (except for CARES harnesses for children in Australia).
You can bring your own pressure cushion for use on board, as long as the aircraft seat belt can still be used.
- Travelling with assistive devices
- In-flight health
- Travelling with a service dog
- Deaf or hearing impaired
- Jetstar wheelchairs and slide board transfers
- Level of wheelchair assistance required
- Limits on assistance and mobility aids
- Specific assistance checking in and boarding
- Blind or vision impaired
- Independent travellers and accompanying passengers