When you book your travel over the phone, online or through a travel agent, let us know if an accredited service dog will be travelling with you.
Your service dog information will be on your itinerary. If we’ve missed anything, please contact us. Please also see the Service Dogs Conditions of Carriage.
Accreditation and approvals
On Jetstar and Jetstar Asia, we’ll accept dogs from approved training organisations such as:
- Guide dogs accredited by: a guide dog training organisation that can demonstrate membership of the International Guide Dog Federation; the Association for the Blind WA; Guide Dogs NSW/ACT; Guide Dogs Qld; Guide Dogs SA/NT; Guide Dogs Victoria; Royal Guide Dogs for the Blind Association of Tasmania and Seeing Eye Dogs Australia
- Hearing dogs accredited by a relevant association such as Lions Hearing Dogs Inc
- Assistance dogs accredited by: Canine Helpers for the Disabled Inc; Assistance Dogs Australia; Association of Australian Assistance Dogs (NQ) Inc; Australian Support Dogs Inc; Righteous Pups Australia Inc; Smartpups Australia Inc; Service Dog Training Associations accredited by Assistance Dogs International opens in new window (but not candidate members); specified individual trainers accredited under the Guide, Hearing and Assistance Dog Act 2009 (Qld)
Other types of service dogs
Any other service dog trained to assist people with disabilities (not on the list above) will require clearance to travel. It’s best to contact us right away as you will have to apply for approval at least 14 days before your flight departs.
Travelling on a flight to or from the US? You’ll need to submit your application at least 7 days before you travel.
Emotional support animals
On Jetstar Japan (GK) flights, we’ll accept guide dogs, hearing dogs or mobility assistance dogs but not emotional support animals.
You’ll need to show documentation for your service dog at the airport and on board the aircraft. A current service dog ID card, service dog accreditation or Jetstar approval letter is acceptable.
Dogs that are not approved for travel in the aircraft cabin can't travel with Jetstar as we do not have pressurised cargo facilities.
It’s your responsibility to check the service dog restrictions in the countries you’re travelling to. Those restrictions may include the uplift, transit, disembarkation, inoculation and quarantine of the service dog.
- Specific assistance
- Jetstar Asia wheelchair fee
- Travelling with assistive devices
- In-flight health
- Torso restraints and supported seating
- Deaf or hearing impaired
- Jetstar wheelchairs and slide board transfers
- Level of wheelchair assistance required
- Limits on assistance and mobility aids
- Specific assistance checking in and boarding