All carry-on baggage must go through a security screening at the airport. For full details on which items are prohibited on Jetstar flights, including weapons and sharp objects, go to TravelSECURE opens in new window.
It’s your responsibility to understand these restrictions and plan accordingly. If restricted items are found, they will be removed and can’t be returned.
Items prohibited in flight
Items prohibited in flight include:
- ‘Knee defenders’ or any devices that restrict the recline of another customer’s seat
- 'Leg hammocks' or any seat attachments that obstruct customer movement to aisles
- Similar travel accessories that attach to aircraft seats, are inserted between seats or otherwise block access to seat rows or aisles
- Self-balancing boards (hoverboards) - also banned as checked baggage.
- Skateboards and scooters (may be included as part of checked baggage).
Such devices can impede access to seats and aisles, damage aircraft seats and fixtures, and block access to emergency equipment.
This list is not exhaustive, and the decision to permit the use of a particular travel device rests with the cabin crew.
Declare your cash before you travel
If you’re planning to carry AUD $10,000 cash or more (or the equivalent in foreign currency) on a flight out of or into Australia, you must declare it.
You can fill out a declaration form and hand it to an Australian Customs or Border Force officer at the airport.
Find more information and download the form at Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).
Please note: We have extra requirements and restrictions for passengers carrying seafood, meat and frozen products.
- What are the limits for liquids, aerosols, gels, and powders?
- Dangerous goods
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Carry-on baggage – what can I bring on board?
- Travelling with medication
- Travelling with cremated remains or ashes
- Transporting perishable food items
- What do I need to know about baggage transfers?
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- What do I need to know about bringing a car seat on board?