We highly recommend that you do not include the following in your checked baggage:
- Fragile items
- Valuable documents
- Business documents
- Precious metals and stones
While we take all possible care with your luggage, we will rely upon all available defences against any claim for damage, destruction or loss if this regrettably occurs. See Lost, damaged and delayed baggage.
See more information about checked baggage.
- Transporting perishable food items
- Baggage allowance
- Checked baggage
- Restricted items
- Travelling with cremated remains or ashes
- Dangerous goods
- What do I need to know about baggage transfers?
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?