You don’t have to dress to impress when you fly with Jetstar, but there are minimum dress requirements.
For your safety, all adults and children who are capable of walking must wear footwear (thongs are acceptable) during boarding and disembarking.
Bare feet and/or socks are not acceptable except for:
- An infant, baby or child being carried
- A customer using a medical device like a wheelchair or crutches
- A customer in a plaster or plastic cast
Once on board, you are not required to wear footwear even if you’re seated in an exit row, though it is recommended.
✘ Offensive clothing
Please refrain from wearing any clothing or carrying personal items that display words, images, symbols or slogans that may reasonably be deemed offensive (e.g. a t-shirt with slurs or swear words on it).
Where this occurs, our crew will ask you to cover up the offensive material.
Accessing an airport lounge?
Some airport lounges have smart casual dress guidelines.
You might want to check if any additional dress requirements apply if you’re planning to relax in an airport lounge.
- Prepare to fly international travel checklist
- Prepare to fly international
- Travel to and from the US
- I'd like to book a flight
- How do I change my booking?