1. Fly Carbon Neutral is a voluntary contribution.
2. Your payment will include a Goods and Services Tax (GST) component, which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects.
3. Jetstar will not charge you a separate card payment fee for a carbon offset.
4. If you book on jetstar.com with Points Plus Pay – Flights you can offset your carbon emissions with Qantas Points. The points required will vary. There is no GST component if you offset using Qantas Points.
5. To the extent permitted by law, your points or payment and the applicable GST is non-refundable as the carbon offset contribution will be processed regardless of whether your flight is subsequentially cancelled or modified.
6. Jetstar will provide you with a tax invoice by email when you make your contribution. This will be provided as part of your normal itinerary receipt. Jetstar will not provide duplicate tax invoices.
7. The Jetstar carbon offset program has been certified under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Products and Services.
8. The calculation method provides an emission estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions relating to your seat on your flight is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your seat on your flight.
9. Infants are not included in the calculation of flight emissions for online bookings. An infant is a passenger aged up to 23 months inclusive. Children are included in the calculation at the same rate as adults.
10. Your contribution will be used to acquire ‘Eligible Offset Units’ as defined under the Australian Government's Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification Products and Services. We may at our absolute discretion acquire ‘Eligible Offset Units’ from certified greenhouse gas abatement suppliers of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular greenhouse gas abatement projects or suppliers.
11. While Jetstar has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by us on the Qantas and Jetstar websites relating to carbon offsetting is correct, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice. Jetstar is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up to date.
12. Both Jetstar and Qantas reserve the right to suspend or terminate this carbon offsetting arrangement in its absolute discretion and at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
13. These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (2 March 2021) and may be amended by Jetstar from time to time without giving notice to you.