Purchase what you need
- Starter fares include a baggage allowance of two carry-on items weighing up to 7kg.
- For additional carry-on weight, purchase a Flex bundle, Business Class fare or +3kg top-up.
- We monitor carry-on baggage weight at the airport.
- You can purchase checked baggage from 15kg to 40kg.
- It’s cheapest to purchase checked baggage online when you book your flight.
- It costs more to add it online later, and much more to add it at the airport.
Flying with kids, musical instruments and sporting gear
Bringing sporting equipment
Packing a bike, board or set of clubs? Find out what you need to know before you go.
Travelling with young kids
What you need to know about flying with prams, portable cots and infant car seats.
- Carry-on baggage – what can I bring on board?
- Dangerous goods
- What can’t I carry on board? Prohibited items
- Travelling with medication
- Seafood, meat and frozen products
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged