Planning & Booking
SMS boarding pass
Mobile boarding pass
When you use web check-in you may be able to have your boarding pass sent as an SMS sent to your mobile phone.
With a mobile boarding pass there’s no need to print your boarding pass and you won’t have to visit the airport counter, simply print baggage tags, drop off your checked baggage and head straight to the boarding gate. Remember, checked baggage must be dropped before check-in closes.
Mobile boarding passes are available for most passengers on domestic flights within Australia and New Zealand. It’s also an option for some passengers on selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights out of Singapore.
In Australia and New Zealand mobile boarding passes are available for bookings of up to 10 passengers.
Group SMS for all passengers
We’ll send one SMS boarding pass for the group. Nominate the mobile phone number when you book or check in.
SMS boarding pass for each passenger
We’ll send an SMS boarding pass for each passenger. If you have a group booking simply give each passenger’s mobile number when you book or check in.
Some passengers will receive an SMS containing a link. Use this link to download your boarding pass to your smartphone’s wallet or passbook app. Please note; this option requires a smartphone with an internet connection.
- We recommend that you download your mobile boarding pass to your smartphone’s wallet app (or iPhone Passbook) before you get to the airport. Opening it on your smartphone’s browser will use data and require at least a 3G connection.
- You should receive your mobile boarding pass within 30 minutes of checking in online. If you don’t receive it, please go to the web check-in page to download and print a PDF boarding pass. If this isn’t possible, head to the airport to complete your check-in and collect your boarding pass. Be sure to allow enough time to check in at the airport before your flight departs.
- We are unable to resend a mobile boarding pass. If you delete the SMS or are unable to access your mobile boarding pass, you’ll need to go to web check-in and download and print a PDF boarding pass, or get your boarding pass when you check in at the airport.
Using your mobile boarding pass at the airport
When you get to the airport, if you have only carry-on baggage, go straight to the boarding gate. As you board, scan your SMS boarding pass in the scanner and print a boarding pass for each passenger.
Make sure that your carry-on baggage complies with our size and weight limits – if it exceeds them, additional charges may apply at the gate.
Travelling with checked-baggage?
- Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled departure . Check-in and bag drop closes strictly 30 minutes before your scheduled departure
- Go to the Jetstar kiosk and scan your SMS boarding pass
- When your details appear, select the passengers and bags you want to check in
- The kiosk will then print boarding passes and bag tags. Attach the tags and take your bags to the Jetstar bag drop
- Go to the boarding gate
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.