Planning & Booking
When you're flying with Jetstar you can choose to check in online before you arrive at the airport. Using web check-in is often the fastest and easiest way to check-in. Most domestic passengers won't have to visit the airport counter, simply print tags for checked-baggage at the airport kiosk and drop them off at the bag drop counter at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of your flight. Next, head straight to the boarding gate.
Web Check-in available for:
- Individual and multiple passenger bookings made through Jetstar.com
- Passengers with just carry-on baggage and those with checked baggage
- The return flight if it’s within 7 days of the outbound flight
- Australian, New Zealand and Japanese domestic flights scheduled to depart between 48 hours and 60 minutes from when you check in
- International Jetstar Airways, Jetstar Japan and Jetstar Asia flights scheduled to depart between 48 hours and 120 minutes from when you check in, with the exception of flights to and from the US
Web Check-in is not available for:
- Bookings made through Jetstar group bookings
- Passengers travelling with infants
- Passengers needing assistance (such as wheelchairs, extra seats, visual or hearing impairments, and unaccompanied minors)
- Flights departing less than 48 hours after booking
- Flights booked through a travel agent, third party or over the phone unless you have your six letter and number booking reference number (PNR). If you’d like to use web check-in but don’t have your PNR, ask if they can provide it.
- All flights other than those listed
How Web Check-in works:
Follow the steps to use web check-in. You’ll need to find your booking, enter your details and choose how to receive your boarding pass.
Step 1: Before you check in
There are a few things you need to prepare before you use web check-in:
- You’ll need your booking reference number (PNR). Find the six letter and number PNR on your Jetstar itinerary or, if you booked with a travel agent or third party, ask them to provide it.
- If you have international flight, you’ll need to enter your passport details. Have your passport ready.
- If you’d like to print your own boarding pass, we’ll send it as a PDF. To open and print your PDF boarding pass, you’ll need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader
- There might be details about travel document requirements, specific assistance or your added extras in your itinerary. Read it thoroughly in case you need to prepare anything for your flight.
Step 2: Check in online
Once you’ve got everything ready and web check-in is open for your flight, enter your details at web check-in
- Enter your booking reference number (PNR), surname and departing airport details and select Continue. You’ll then see the details of your booking
- Choose the passenger/s, baggage and flights that you want to check-in
- If you have an international flight, enter the Advanced Passenger Information (APIS)
- Declare if you intend to carry any dangerous goods in your carry-on or checked-baggage
- If you haven’t already chosen your seat, you’ll get another chance to do that now. Fees may apply.
- Next choose how you want to receive your boarding pass. If you’re booked on an Australia or New Zealand domestic flight, or on selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights out of Singapore, you have three options:
- Download your PDF boarding pass and print it now (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required),
- Have your boarding pass emailed to you and print it later or,
- Have a mobile boarding pass sent to your mobile phone
- If you have an international flight or a domestic flight from an international terminal, go to the airport counter to get a boarding pass. You must go before the airport counter check-in closes.
- Prepare and print any travel documents you’ll need. See: Passports and visas
Step 3: At the airport
Make sure you arrive at check-in and/or your boarding gates within the following timeframes.
Jetstar (JQ) and Jetstar Japan (GK) domestic flights departing from domestic terminals
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing on Q300 aircraft
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on an A330 and 787 aircraft
Jetstar Pacific (BL) domestic flights
Once check-in has opened no further changes can be made for passengers who purchased a Starter fare with a Plus Bundle
Find the aircraft type in your Jetstar itinerary or at Manage booking
Please don’t be late. We can’t wait.
If you do not check in or present at the boarding gate before the closed times you won’t be able to board your flight and you may lose your fare in full. We recommend arriving at the airport early to allow enough time to make your way through the airport, taking into consideration clearing airport security.
For International/Intra Asian flights:
- All passengers on international flights must present their web travel documents, along with any other relevant travel documents, to a check-in agent at the airport. After this you will receive your official boarding pass.
- Please ensure that you arrive at check-in and/or your boarding gates within the following timeframes.
Jetstar (JQ) international flights on an A330 and 787 aircraft
Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar Japan (GK) international flights on an A320 and A321 aircraft
* Please note at Nagoya, check-in opens 2 hours before departure.
Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Pacific (BL) international flight
Once check-in has opened no further changes can be made for passengers who purchased a Starter fare with a Plus Bundle.
Find your aircraft type on your flight itinerary, pre-departure email or at manage booking.
Jetstar Straight To Gate
Straight to Gate allows passengers travelling on selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights to check-in online via our web check in at jetstar.com from the comfort of the home or office and proceed to the boarding gate on arrival at the airport. This is available for passengers travelling with carry-on baggage only and without visa or other entry requirements. You can choose your own seat and simply download and print your Straight to Gate boarding pass and proceed directly to immigration for a faster experience through the airport.
For Jetstar Asia (3K) Passengers
Passengers with visa / other entry requirements and carry-on baggage only
Passengers travelling with carry-on baggage only, who require a visa or other entry documentation, may use the online web check-in service however will be required to proceed to the Jetstar document check desk in the check-in hall for a quick document and visa verification check. Please note that the document check must be completed by the flight check-in deadline.
Passengers with checked baggage
Passengers travelling with checked baggage may use the online web check-in service. Please proceed to the Jetstar bag drop desks in the check-in hall for quick and easy baggage processing. Please note that bag drop must be completed by the flight check-in deadline.
Straight to Gate available for:
Straight to Gate is not available for:
Selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights listed below, available between 48 hours and 120 minutes before your flight’s scheduled departure
Passengers with visa requirements
Passengers with carry-on baggage only
Bookings that include infants or special service requests (such as passengers requesting wheelchair assistance, extra seats and visual or hearing impairments)
Passengers with no visa or other entry requirements (e.g. proof of return or onward travel)
Staff travel bookings
Individuals, or group bookings with 7 passengers or less
Bookings with an outstanding amount owing
All Jetstar Asia (3K) flights not disclosed below
Straight to Gate available routes:
Straight to gate is available on the following Jetstar Asia flights with a 3K flight code:
- Singapore-Kuala Lumpur
- Singapore-Hong Kong
- Singapore-Siem Reap
- Singapore-Ho Chi Minh City
- Singapore-Phnom Penh
- Hong Kong-Singapore
- Kuala Lumpur-Singapore