Potential Australian Customs delays 3 August
Last Updated: 31/07/2015 09:56 AM
Please be advised that there may be small delays at international airports across Australia on Monday 3 August 2015, due to industrial action being taken by Department of Immigration and Border Protection employees.
While the Department has advised that it has put in place contingency measures to avoid disruption to normal operations, we encourage customers to ensure they allow enough time for processing at the airport before their flight. There may also be some delays through Customs for passengers arriving on flights that day.
Customers travelling on international flights from Australia during the times listed below are advised to arrive at the airport three hours before their flight is scheduled to depart and proceed straight to Customs after check-in.
Industrial action times at international airports, 3 August:
- Sydney International: 6.00am – 10.00am and 8.00pm – 11.59pm
- Melbourne International: 7.00am – 11.00am and 9.00pm – 1.00am
- Perth International: 5.00am – 9.00am and 9.00pm – 1.00am
- Brisbane International: 6.30am – 10.30am and 5.00pm – 9.00pm
- Cairns International: 4.00am – 8.00am and 4.00pm – 8.00pm