Kids birthday coming up? Learn how to make an airplane cake!
Ever wanted to make a Jetstar airplane cake but didn't know how? Well now you do. It's time to get baking! Check out this easy recipe.
- October 2018
If you have a little aviation fan in the family, it’s time to whip out the icing. Enjoy this delicious and easy-to-follow airplane cake recipe.
Airplane cake video tutorial:
The Jetstar airplane cake recipe:
- 350 grams chocolate
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 600 mls water
- 3 eggs lightly whisked
- 400 grams of sugar
- 400 grams of self-raising flour
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 80 grams of cream
- Pre-purchased fondant icing
1. Prep the cake
- Heat the chocolate, unsalted butter and water slowly in a pot until melted and then let it cool for 15 minutes
- One it has cooled, add in the eggs, sugar and self-raising flour and mix with a whisk until all ingredients are combined
- Line the cake tin and fill tin with cake batter ¾ full
- Place the tin in a low oven (150 °C) and bake for around two hours or until skewer comes out clean
- Once baked, leave the cake to cool in the tin
2. Make the ganache
- Melt the dark chocolate and cream in bowl over a saucepan of water on the stove and leave it to cool until it thickens slightly
- Once cool, carve the cake into the shape of a plane using the stencil provided, cover with ganache and smooth all over
3. Decorate the cake
- Wet cake slightly with water and roll out fondant
- Core the entire body of the cake with the fondant and smooth out
- Using the stencils provided [PDF, 84kB] opens in new window, roll out the different features of the plane using the fondant (windows, wings etc.) and decorate as you please!