Yes. If you have an infant or small child on your booking you may bring one of each of the following:
- A stroller, pusher or pram
- A portable cot (portacot) and bedding
- A car seat, baby capsule or booster seat
- A portable high chair
These items are carried as checked baggage for free, regardless of fare and in addition to any checked-baggage allowance.
Approved car seats can be used on all planes except regional New Zealand Q300 aircraft. See: What do I need to know about bringing a car seat on board?
You must contact us if you’re bringing a car seat, as a limited number can be fitted on each flight.
If your stroller collapses to our carry-on baggage dimensions (56cm (height) x 36cm (width) x 23cm (depth)) and it’s securely packed within a protective cover/bag, then it can be carried on board most Jetstar flights (except New Zealand regional flights on Q300 aircraft). It will count towards your carry-on baggage allowance.
If your stroller is larger than our carry-on baggage limit, it must be checked in as checked baggage.
Make sure you pack all items as securely as possible to minimise the risk of damage.
For more information see the family travel page.
- What do I need to know about travelling with my infant?
- Can I request a bassinet for my infant?
- Can my infant travel in a baby carrier or harness?
- Do I need a passport or ID for my infant or children?
- Where can I change my infant during the flight?
- What do I need to know about bringing a car seat on board?
- Do I need to bring food and drinks for my infant?
- Family travel and seating
- Young passengers travelling alone
- Pregnancy and air travel