If your Jetstar flight number is between JQ1 and JQ70, it will depart from an international terminal. You must arrive at the airport at least two hours early as check-in closes strictly one hour before departure. Bring appropriate identification. Full details below.
Don’t know your flight number? Check your itinerary or go to Manage booking.
If you’re departing from an international terminal, you’ll need to show photo identification. It must be valid and include your full name.
Accepted ID types are:
- Passport (non-Australian passengers must show a passport as ID)
- A driver’s licence issued by the Commonwealth of Australia or an Australian State or Territory
- An aviation security card issued by the operator of the aircraft or the operator of an airport in Australia
- A document that identifies you, issued by:
- The Commonwealth of Australia
- An Australian State or Territory
- An authority of the Commonwealth of Australia or an Australian State or Territory
Non-photo ID will only be accepted for infants travelling with an adult who presents photo ID. In this case a birth certificate is acceptable.
Check-in and boarding timelines
Online check-in is not available for domestic flights departing from an international terminal.
You’ll need to get to the airport earlier, so make sure you arrive with plenty of time to check in, get your boarding pass before check-in closes, and clear security.
Remember, if you’re not at the boarding gate on time, you won’t be able to board your flight and you may lose your fare in full.
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on A320 and A321 aircraft
Jetstar (JQ) domestic flights departing from international terminals on Boeing 787 aircraft
We also recommend that you check your flight’s carry-on baggage limits for liquids, aerosols, gels and powders before you get to the airport.