Here you’ll find answers to your questions about checked baggage.
Remember – our most popular fares don’t include checked baggage, so you’ll need to add it when you book. To get the best price, add baggage at the time you make your booking. Is checked baggage included in my fare?
There are some things you may be able to bring as checked baggage for free. If you’re travelling with an infant or young child, you may bring a stroller, portacot and bedding, portable high chair and approved car seat. You may bring a wheelchair if you need one. (Size and weight restrictions apply.)
Also please be aware of our policy on baggage transfers.
Please note: We have extra requirements and restrictions for passengers carrying seafood, meat and frozen products.
Important notice for ‘Smart Bags’:
Please kindly note that the handling procedure for baggage with built in USB port(s), electronic bag tags, weight scales – collectively known in the market as ‘Smart Bags’ in accordance to IATA guidelines is as follows: Before checking-in, passengers must:
- remove all batteries or power banks from all smart-style bags; and
- carry all removed batteries or power banks in carry-on baggage only.
Baggage fitted with non-removable batteries or power banks are not permitted and will not be carried.
You may want to look at all of our frequently asked questions for:
- Seafood, meat and frozen products
- My baggage is lost, delayed or damaged
- How do I add baggage to an existing booking?
- Can my pet fly with Jetstar?
- What to leave out of your checked baggage?
- Is checked baggage allowance included in my fare?
- Dangerous goods
- What do I need to know about baggage transfers?
- Excess baggage charges at the airport
- Can I bring a pram, stroller, portable cot or highchair as checked baggage?
- What are the size and weight restrictions for checked baggage?