On some flights, if you're eligible for online check-in, you can use a boarding pass on your mobile phone to board instead of a printout.
Mobile boarding passes can be used on the following flights:
- Jetstar Airways (JQ) domestic flights within Australia or New Zealand.
- Jetstar Japan (GK) domestic flights
- Jetstar Pacific (BL) domestic flights departing Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Da Nang
- Jetstar Asia (3K) international flights departing from Singapore (except flights to Darwin).
On selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights departing from Singapore, mobile boarding pass holders may also be eligible for Straight to Gate.
If you’re using the Jetstar app to check in, your mobile boarding pass is stored in the app.
If you’re not using the Jetstar app, follow these instructions:
- When checking in, select ‘Send by SMS’ (in Japan, select ‘Email mobile boarding pass’).
- You can choose to send all boarding passes to one person, or individual boarding passes to each passenger.
- Your mobile boarding pass will be sent as a link via SMS (or email in Japan). Open this link on your phone to access and save the boarding pass. If you need to download your boarding pass again for any reason, go to online check-in and enter your name and booking reference to view, save, download and/or print your boarding pass. If all else fails, you can always get a boarding pass at the airport check-in before it closes ahead of your flight.
- You should save the boarding pass to your smartphone’s Wallet or Passbook app. You can do this by selecting ‘Add to Wallet’, then clicking ‘Add’ at the top of the boarding pass.
- If you’re flying without checked baggage, go straight to the boarding gate and present your mobile boarding pass ready to scan when you board. If you have checked baggage, refer to the Checked Baggage section below.
- Turn up your mobile phone’s screen brightness at the gate for easy scanning. If your screen is cracked or the phone loses power so the boarding pass is not scannable, use the PDF version if you have it or ask the airport team for a printed boarding pass.
Save time and stress – add your boarding pass to your smartphone’s Wallet or Passbook app before you are at the gate!
- Scan your mobile boarding pass at an airport kiosk. (If kiosks are not available, drop your checked baggage at the check-in counter.)
- At the kiosk, print your bag tags and attach them to the correct bags.
- Drop off your bags at the bag-drop.