Yes. If you have an infant or small child on your booking you may bring one of each of the following:
- A stroller, pusher or pram
- A portable cot (portacot) and bedding
- A car seat, baby capsule or booster seat
- A portable high chair
These items are carried as checked baggage for free, regardless of fare and in addition to any checked-baggage allowance.
Approved car seats can be used on the plane. See What do I need to know about bringing a car seat on board?
You must contact us if you’re bringing a car seat, as a limited number can be fitted on each flight.
If you are travelling on an A330 or 787 aircraft, you may take a stroller on board as carry-on baggage, if it’s 100x25x23cm or smaller. It will count towards your carry-on baggage allowance.
Please note: If you have a larger stroller or you’re not flying on an A330 or 787 aircraft, your stroller must be checked in as checked baggage when you check in. You won’t be able to use it at the airport.
Make sure you pack all items as securely as possible to minimise the risk of damage.
For more information see the family travel page.
- Family travel and seating
- What do I need to know about bringing a car seat on board?
- Can I request a bassinet for my infant?
- Can my infant travel in a baby carrier or harness?
- Do I need to bring food and drinks for my infant?
- Do I need a passport or ID for my infant or children?
- Where can I change my infant during the flight?
- Pregnancy and air travel
- What do I need to know about travelling with my infant?
- Young passengers travelling alone