Refunds on fare and Jetstar add-ons
- Non-refundable, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law, your local law or Conditions of Carriage or if you have purchased FareCredit.
Missed check-in deadline or failure to board within the required time
- Permitted changes can be made only if requested before the end of the day of your original scheduled departure and upon payment of any applicable Fare Difference.
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within the Change Deadline. Where you have purchased FareCredit you may choose to cancel your flight prior to opening of airport check-in and make another booking.
- No fees are payable where you are entitled to an alternative flight under the Australian Consumer Law, your local law or Conditions of Carriage.
- Permitted upon payment of the applicable Fare Difference within the Change Deadline. You must contact the call centre to make origin or destination changes
Passenger Name changes
- Free within the Change Deadline.
- Name changes can be made for an individual passenger on a booking, but must apply to all flights for that passenger.
- Name changes not permitted for Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay - Flight bookings on Jetstar.
Change Deadline and Point of contact
- Permitted changes must be made before the end of the day of your original scheduled departure.
- Time and Date changes can be made via Jetstar.com before check-in closes if original booking was made via Jetstar.com or Jetstar Call Centre. All changes can be made via Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport and additional service fees apply if your booking was not originally made via the Jetstar Call Centre or Jetstar counter at the airport.
- Fees are subject to change and are applied at the rate current at time of change. For current fees see Fees and charges.
Change Fees and Fare Difference
- Change Fees do not apply for permitted changes on the Business Class fare.
- Fare Difference applies per passenger, per flight.
- Your new fare will be at least the amount of the fare you originally booked and may be more. No refund of Fare Difference will be applicable if a lower fare is available.
- Fare Difference is the difference (if any) between the fare originally booked and an available fare on the date of change which is at least the same fare or, if not available, the next available higher fare. The Fare Difference may be substantial.
Permitted fare/bundle changes
- Subject to payment of Fare Difference applicable at time of change, Business fares can be changed to an available Business Class or Business Class fare with Max bundle.
- Business Fares cannot be changed to economy Starter Fare, Starter Fare with Plus Bundle, Starter Fare with Flex Bundle or Starter Fare with Max Bundle.
- You must re-book onto an available Jetstar flight. Jetstar does not hold open-dated bookings.
- All amounts will be charged in the currency you made your original booking.
Earning Qantas Points and Status Credits, JAL Mileage and Emirates Skywards Miles
- Business Class fare is not eligible to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer Points and Status Credits, JAL Mileage or Emirates Skywards Miles.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Classic Upgrade Rewards
- Business Class fare is not eligible for Classic Upgrade Rewards.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Plus Pay - Flights on Jetstar - Additional Payments
- All changes or additions to your booking must be paid with money and cannot be paid with points.
- Changes or additions will be calculated by using the original monetary value and currency of the fare (as determined by Jetstar) and as per the conditions listed in the Change Fee and Fare Difference section of these fare rules.
- Starter fare with Max bundle fare rules
- Fare rules
- Starter fare with Flex bundle fare rules
- Starter fare rules