Jetstar Holidays booking conditionsPlease read these Booking Conditions carefully as they apply to each traveller included in bookings for Jetstar Holiday packages and land content. Jetstar is not itself a tour, event, activity, car rental or accommodation provider. Except for any Jetstar Air Travel airfare component, goods and services are not provided by Jetstar and are provided by other service providers as set out in your booking. You should obtain and read the applicable service provider’s terms and conditions as they may limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. As a booking agent, Jetstar may receive commission from these service providers for Jetstar Holidays bookings.In some cases Jetstar Holidays uses a third party intermediary, or additional agent, to facilitate your booking with the service provider. Your booking may reference this third party as the booking agent.All Jetstar Air Travel is subject to the applicable fare rules and the airline’s Conditions of Carriage and all other services are subject to the normal conditions of the service provider. All airfares and other land or package components are subject to availability. Bookings may be made by telephone through Jetstar Telephone Reservations, or online via jetstar.com. Charges will apply for flight bookings made by telephone. “Jetstar Air Travel” means a flight which has a flight number starting with Jetstar’s ‘JQ’ flight code.“Land content” refers to non-airfare components such as activities, hotels and cars.“Other Carrier Air Travel” means a flight which is not operated or marketed by Jetstar and which has a flight number starting with a flight code other than ‘JQ’.
1.1 Bookings with flights for Jetstar Air TravelExcept as otherwise stated or in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law, your booking is non-refundable. Changes or cancellations to your flights can be made only as permitted by the fare rules of the flights you have purchased and charges may apply. See our Fare types page for more information. Unless otherwise specified, airfares are Starter fares. All Jetstar Air Travel is subject to Jetstar’s Conditions of Carriage.
1.2 Bookings with flights for Other Carrier Air TravelAll Other Carrier Air Travel is subject to the applicable carrier’s conditions of carriage. Unless otherwise stated, fares for Other Airline Air Travel are non-refundable and no changes can be made, except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law.Hotels may require photo identification at check in and proof that the guest checking in is over 18 years old. Guests may be required by the hotel to present a valid credit (not debit) card or cash deposit at check-in for incidentals. To check such requirements and re-confirm your booking please call the hotel’s reservations department 24 hours prior to check in.
2. Changes or Cancellations by you to your package bookingExcept as otherwise stated, your booking is non-refundable except in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law. Changes or cancellations must be made through Jetstar Telephone Reservations and cannot be made online.The hotel or other third party supplier may impose change or cancellation fees or charges which may amount to all the cost paid for the hotel or other booking. These amounts will be at your expense. At the time of making a change, you must re-book for available dates (subject to availability) per the conditions and validity of the hotel you have purchased. Guests may be required by the hotel to present a valid credit (not debit) card or cash deposit at check-in for incidentals. To check such requirements and re-confirm your booking please call the hotel’s reservations department 24 hours prior to check in.
Jetstar Holidays Flexible OfferThis offer has now ended. If you booked an eligible Jetstar Holidays package and need to change your travel plans, you will be eligible for one fee-free date change. Eligible packages included any new domestic bookings made from 17 September 2021 to 30 April 2022, and international bookings made from 17 September 2021 and 30 June 2022 - for travel before 31 August 2023. If you want to change your dates, you’ll need to do so at least 15 days before your scheduled date of departure, and also cover any price increase for your new flights or accommodation. To make any changes, please contact our call centre.
3. Bookings with Activities / TransfersExcept as otherwise stated or in certain circumstances including under the Australian Consumer Law, your booking is non-refundable. Changes or cancellations must be made through Jetstar Telephone Reservations and cannot be made online.Any cancellation or change to your activity or transfer booking will incur a $30 fee per activity/transfer component per booking and You must pay the difference, if any, between the cost of the activity/transfer you originally booked and the cost of the activity available on the date you make the change
4. Bookings with Car HireIf you have reserved car rental your booking will be made directly with the car rental company. You may be required to submit a valid credit card as security at the time of vehicle collection.What's included in your car hire price:
- Goods and Services Tax
- Vehicle Registration Fee
- Airport concessions Recovery Fee
- Stamp Duty and Admin Fee *Unlimited kilometres unless otherwise stated
- Miscellaneous optional charges (e.g. fuel or baby seat), which must be arranged directly by you with the car rental company. Arrangements for optional excess reduction can be made at the car rental counter at the time of rental.
4.1 Changes or Cancellations by you to your car hireChanges or cancellations must be made through Jetstar Telephone Reservations and cannot be made online. Fees will not apply for any changes or cancellations made to your car hire. However you must pay the difference, if any, between the cost of the car you originally booked and the cost of the car available on the date you make the change. Changes are subject to availability.
5. Specific Assistance and RequestsIf you require specific assistance, for example you need to travel with a guide dog, hearing or mobility dog or you require a wheelchair, please ensure that you inform Jetstar Telephone Reservations of your needs before you make a booking.The online booking facility may allow you to enter a special request. Jetstar cannot guarantee your request will be met by the service provider.
6. Product DescriptionsDescriptions featured for land content are based on information provided by hotels and other service providers. Any facilities shown as included are subject to change by the service provider. Jetstar does not guarantee any particular standard or class of accommodation or other service provided by a third party.Maps are shown for general information and may not necessarily reflect actual routings, locations or services provided. Photographs may show places in the geographic areas, and these are not necessarily included in the holiday package price. Hotel room photographs are representative only, actual rooms occupied may vary in decor and inclusions from those shown. Images may be supplied courtesy of third parties such as tourist bureaus, hotels and tour operators.
7. Travel InsuranceIt is recommended that you consider purchasing a travel insurance policy of your choice.
8. Health and ImmigrationYou are responsible for all visa, passport, immigration, quarantine, customs, health and other requirements of the countries you visit or transit through. For international travel, each person must carry a valid passport (with the required validity period) at all times. Jetstar will not accept responsibility for your failure to ensure that you have correct travel information and all required documents and approvals.
9. Baggage limits and check-in requirementsPlease check your travel documents for applicable baggage allowances and check-in times. Jetstar enforces strict baggage limits and flight closure times.
10. Contact InformationIt is essential to ensure that you or the person making your booking advises Jetstar of an email address and telephone number where you can be reached if necessary before and after your departure. We may leave messages for you on the number/s you provide.If any part of your booking is changed, for example, if a hotelier overbooks hotel accommodation, or there is a schedule change for your flight, or one of the land components of you have booked becomes unavailable, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you on the email address you provide to us with your booking.
11. Not Included in Price of HolidayThe cost of anything not specifically included in a holiday package is at your expense.
12. Booking ArrangementsIf you make a booking on behalf of another person you must bring these Booking Conditions to that person’s attention. Each traveller booked is deemed to have accepted these Booking Conditions.No variation to the Booking Conditions will be effective unless made in writing by Jetstar.All communications from us will be communicated to the email address or phone number/s listed in your booking. We may leave messages for you on the number/s you provide.
13. Limit of LiabilityResponsibility and liability for any loss or damage relating to products and services of third parties, including without limitation Jetstar Air Travel, Land Content and Other Carrier Air Travel, rests with that third party and is governed by that third party’s terms and conditions.To the extent permitted by law, such as the Australian Consumer Law, Jetstar excludes all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to physical and psychological injury, and loss or damage to property of whatever nature) that may arise in any way in connection with the offer of goods or services by Jetstar or any third party service providers, or in connection with the supply of such goods or services.If the Australian Competition and Consumer Law or any similar law implies a condition or warranty that cannot be excluded, to the maximum extent permitted by law the liability of Jetstar for a breach of the condition or warranty will be limited as determined by Jetstar in its absolute discretion to: (a) in the case of goods any one or more of the following:
- The replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
- The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and (b) in the case of services:
- The supplying of the services again; or
- The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
14. Events Beyond our ControlUnless otherwise required by law, such as the Australian Consumer Law, Jetstar does not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond its control including weather events, air traffic control issues, industrial action by a third party, security issues or any other unusual and unforeseen circumstance which we cannot control and the consequences of which it could not have avoided.
15. Destination Passenger EnquiriesJetstar makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
16. Governing LawThese Booking Conditions are governed in all respects by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the holiday may be brought only in a court in Australia, subject to any applicable law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
17. Book using Qantas Points with Points Plus PayTerms and conditions for redeeming Qantas Points for by booking holidays on jetstar.com/holidays. General terms and conditions for holidays
- You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program ("Member") to redeem Qantas Points. Membership and the redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. A joining fee may apply.
- These terms and conditions exist in addition to specific terms and conditions that apply to bookings made on the Jetstar Holidays website. These terms and conditions exist in addition to the specific terms and conditions of a holiday booking.
- Logged in Qantas Frequent Flyer members can redeem Qantas Points when booking at jetstar.com/holidays for all holidays. The ability to use Points Plus Pay is subject to meeting the minimum requirement of 5,000 Qantas Points
- Qantas Points deduction: Once a booking is made, the number of Qantas Points required for the booking will be deducted from the Member's Qantas Frequent Flyer account. An email will be sent to the Member to confirm the booking. There is no fixed relationship between the cash value charged by the applicable hotel provider and the Qantas Points required to redeem a holiday.
- Additional charges: Qantas Frequent Flyer members will not be able to redeem Qantas Points for additional charges paid to the hotel for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable).
- If a Member is eligible for a refund, the Member can elect whether they receive that refund (less any applicable fee) in cash, Qantas Points, or a combination of cash and Qantas Points. However, the cash amount refunded in such circumstances cannot exceed the cash amount originally paid in respect of the booking.
Jetstar Airways Pty LimitedABN 33 069 720 243GPO Box 4713,Melbourne, VICAustralia 3001