Yes, you can make your seat selection when you make your booking. Choose an aisle or window seat, or sit in a row with friends and family. A fee may apply and seat selection is subject to availability.
Standard seats are our most affordable option. Sit in a group, on the aisle for a bit more freedom, or a window seat for the view.
On some flights, standard seats are grouped in zones, organised by their position on the aircraft. The price of the standard seat will be slightly different depending on its zone.
If you have a Starter Plus, Flex or Max bundle, you can select any standard seat as part of your fare, subject to availability. If you have purchased a Business Class fare, you can select any available Business Class seat.
For a little more than a standard seat, you can purchase an upfront seat, which should help you get on and off the flight more easily.
Upfront seats can be purchased separately or may be selected at no additional cost if you have purchased a Flex or Max bundle.
Extra legroom seats
Our premium seats let you stretch out in comfort and are the best option for long trips. Extra legroom seats can be purchased separately or can be selected at no additional cost as part of the Max bundle.
Extra legroom seats are located in the exit rows of the aircraft, and to sit in these seats you must be able to meet the exit row requirements.
Already got a booking? Go to Manage booking to select a seat.
Need more room?
You must be able to lower both armrests and not compromise any part of adjacent seats to ensure safe and comfortable seating during travel. Please contact us to purchase an extra seat, or where available, a business class seat if you need more room.
If you need to keep your leg extended throughout your flight due to injury or any other reason, please also contact us to purchase the full number of seats you need to make your journey. For safety reasons, only passengers with full mobility can sit in the exit rows.
Contacting us will allow us to allocate the seats you’ve purchased side by side so you can enjoy a comfortable flight. Seat dimensions for each aircraft type can be found in the table below.
We encourage customers to address all seating needs when booking.
|Aircraft type||Seat width||Seat pitch||Seat type|
|Airbus A320||45.4cm / 17.88in||73.7cm / 29in||Standard|
|Airbus A321||45.7cm / 18in||71.1cm / 28in||Standard|
|Boeing 787 (economy)||43.2cm / 17in||76.2cm / 30in||Standard|
|Boeing 787 (business)||48.3cm / 19in||96.5cm / 38in||Recliner|
Terms and conditions of paid seat requests
- Paid seat requests are non-transferable and generally non-refundable, except if you are entitled to a remedy by law. You can only transfer seat requests when you make a permitted name change to your booking.
- In the event of a flight disruption or schedule change, we will attempt to seat you in your requested or equivalent seat, but we can’t guarantee the seat will be available on your new flight. You may also be required to move seats for operational reasons.
- If you choose to change your flight, you will be offered an equivalent seat when you change, subject to availability. If an equivalent seat is unavailable, Jetstar will not provide a refund of the additional amount paid.
- If we move your seat for a reason within our control, we will provide a full refund of the seat selection fee upon request.
- If you change your flight and a higher fee to change the seat applies, you must pay the difference.