What to do if you’re feeling unwell
You should defer your travel plans if:Live ChatSymptoms include:
- you’re feeling unwell and experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the week leading up to your flight;
- you’ve tested positive for COVID-19;
- been in close contact with someone who has tested positive; or
- are awaiting COVID-19 results.
- Fever, fatigue or aches;
- Runny nose, cough or sore throat;
- Shortness of breath.
- Information sent to you before you fly, so you know what to expect
- Contactless check-in (either online or via our mobile App) is recommended
- Social distancing measures, including sequenced boarding to minimise crowding
- Contactless scanning of boarding passes further reducing shared contact
- Hand sanitising stations throughout the terminal and progressively installed at departure gates where feasible.
Onboard the plane
- A Fly Well pack will be provided containing a mask and sanitising wipes.
While masks are not mandatory from a safety point of view, they are recommended for everyone’s peace of mind. You can also bring your own mask if you’d prefer.
Sanitising wipes will be given for you to wipe down seat belt, trays and armrests if you’d like.
When disembarking the aircraft, place any used sanitiser wipes and facemasks back into your pack and dispose of them in the airport terminal bins on arrival.
- Enhanced cleaning of aircraft with a disinfectant effective against Coronaviruses, with a focus on high contact areas – seats, seatbelts, overhead lockers, air vents and toilets
- Modified inflight catering to minimise touchpoints for crew and customers
- Customers asked to limit movement around the cabin, once seated
- Our people are trained with the latest hygiene protocols
Quality air filtration: The air conditioning systems of all Jetstar aircraft are already fitted with hospital-grade HEPA filters, which remove 99.9% of all particles including viruses. The air inside the cabin is also refreshed every few minutes, ensuring the highest possible quality of cabin air.
Configuration of the aircraft: The seats and galley act as a natural barrier and people are not seated face-to-face.
Reduced food and beverage offering: Food and beverages will only be available when pre-paid up to 24 hours before departure, no sales will be made on board.
Watch to learn more about our new health and safety measures
What you can do to stay healthy
Check in using your mobile
Use hand sanitiser
Regularly wash your hands
Cover your sneeze or cough with your arm
We encourage you to download and activate the COVIDSafe app. The app helps quickly contact people who may have been exposed to the virus. It’s easy, it’s secure and will give you extra reassurance when traveling.
Frequently asked questions
For more information see our COVID-19 FAQs
For more information on Coronavirus and for instructions on what to do, visit the Australian Department of Health website, call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 (in Australia).